This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my.
This easy and fresh strawberry pie features sweet, juicy strawberries, and a flaky, homemade crust all covered in juicy berry glaze. Top it off with a dollop of whipping cream for some extra indulgence, and you have the best summer dessert ever!
Bring on summertime and sunshine with this juicy strawberry pie!, and are a few more great summertime desserts that you’ll have to try next.
Easy and Fresh Strawberry Pie
It’s strawberry season, and today’s recipe is all about showcasing this amazing fruit. I wanted something sweet but also comforting, and pie is just that! Every bite is filled with juicy flavor and a light, flaky crust that melts in your mouth when combined all together.
This strawberry pie is irresistible, and it never lasts long! It’s great for holidays,, or just any summer barbecue that needs a special dessert. This is one you don’t want to miss!
There’s a reason this is called the easiest strawberry pie. Not only is it simple to prepare, but it uses a lot of ingredients that you’ll already have in your pantry! Exact measurements can be found below in the recipe card.
- 9-Inch : You can use either a premade or here.
- Cornstarch and Water: This mixture helps to thicken up the strawberry filling.
- Sugar: Makes the filling nice and sweet!
- : Adds extra berry flavor and also helps the filling set up properly. This way, it can be cut into uniform slices without making a mess.
- Fresh Strawberries: Since strawberries are in season right now, fresh is the way to go!
- : (Optional) The perfect creamy topping.
Can You Use a Homemade Crust?
Yes! I love using myfor homemade pies. It doesn’t take long at all to make and adds a little more flavor and thickness to the pie.
How to Make a Homemade Strawberry Pie
It only takes 3 simple steps to whip up the perfect summer pie! It’s so flaky and buttery with juicy strawberry in every bite. You’re going to love it!
- Blind Bake the Crust: Bake the crust according to package directions. To help the crust stay in place while baking, Line the crust with aluminum foil and bake for 8 minutes, remove foil, and bake for an additional 5.
- Strawberry Sauce: In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch, sugar and water and whisk until smooth. Bring it to a boil and whisk for 2 minutes until it starts to thicken. Remove from the heat and stir in the strawberry jello until dissolved. Let the mixture cool for about 15 minutes.
- Add Strawberries and Sauce to Pan: Place the strawberries into the crust then pour the cooled mixture over the strawberries. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight until set. Serve with fresh whipping cream.
Tips for Making the Best Strawberry Pie
Homemade pies can be intimidating, especially if you’ve never made one before. Here are a few tips to keep in mind that will set you up for success!
- Thicken the Filling: Cornstarch thickens more effectively than flour but needs higher temperatures to thicken. Toss it with sugar first to help it disperse better when it hits liquid. Keep in mind that cornstarch can lose thickening power if heated too long or overwhisked once thickened.
- : You’ll need to pre-bake the crust to make sure it’s golden brown and flaky. This is a crucial step since the strawberry filling isn’t baked, it sets up in the fridge. You can find my full guide on how to blind bake a pie crust .
Properly stored in an airtight container or wrapped in plastic wrap, your strawberry pie will last for about 2 days at normal room temperature or 4 to 5 days in the refrigerator.
Bake the crust according to package directions. To help the crust stay in place while baking, Line the crust with aluminum foil and bake for 8 minutes, remove foil, and bake for an additional 5.
In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch, sugar and water and whisk until smooth. Bring it to a boil and whisk for 2 minutes until it starts to thicken. Remove from the heat and stir in the strawberry jello until dissolved. Let the mixture cool for about 15 minutes.
Place the strawberries into the crust and pour the cooled mixture over the strawberries. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight until set. Serve with fresh whipping cream.
Updated on July 1, 2023
Serving8gCalories830kcal (42%)Carbohydrates98g (33%)Protein11g (22%)Fat44g (68%)Saturated Fat14g (70%)Polyunsaturated Fat5gMonounsaturated Fat20gSodium683mg (28%)Potassium235mg (7%)Fiber5g (20%)Sugar15g (17%)Vitamin A7IUVitamin C28mg (34%)Calcium40mg (4%)Iron5mg (28%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.