Juicy skirt steak, fresh veggies, and feta cheese- all tossed in a delicious tangy glaze. Steak salad with honey balsamic dressing is a mouthwatering meal infused with bold, savory flavor!
I’m always up for a fresh salad loaded with flavor. You’ll have to try out some of my other favorites- cilantro lime chicken salad, steak fajita salad, and grilled shrimp salad! They’re as satisfying and delicious as they are healthy!
Delicious Skirt Steak Salad Recipe
For a nutritious meal loaded with flavor, you have got to try this steak salad with honey balsamic dressing! I’ve been on the hunt for recipes that check all the boxes with proteins, healthy fats, and lots of fresh veggies… but that taste amazing, too! This steak salad recipe is all that and more. It all starts with a skirt steak and my reader-favorite marinade. Fresh romaine lettuce, Roma tomatoes, red onion, avocado, and corn are tossed together for the ultimate mix of greens. And to finish it all off? Tasty honey garlic balsamic vinaigrette and some feta cheese for a punch of extra flavor. This isn’t your typical salad. Really, it’s just as satisfying as a full-course meal!
We’ve been loving this at my house. I know you’ll love it too! The savory dressing brings everything together so well! It’s the perfect way to sneak some veggies in for my carnivore husband and kids. Honestly, skirt steak is highly underrated. It has a rich, delicious umami flavor! As a substitute, you can also use sirloin cube steaks! I personally like having strips of steak, but cubes are a fun, bite-sized alternative! Also, feel free to add in all of your favorite veggies here! The dressing is so versatile, it tastes amazing with just about everything! For more tasty recommendations, see my tips section below.
Steak Salad Ingredients
For the salad, all you need are your favorite veggies and tender strips of steak! In this recipe, I’m making my salad with some of my favorites- creamy avocado, corn, and tangy Roma tomatoes. As for the dressing, it’s only 6 super simple ingredients that you’ve probably got in your kitchen right now! The way they come together to create such a tasty vinaigrette is divine, honestly. You’ll love it! Individual measurements are in the recipe card below.
- Romaine Lettuce: Fresh romaine lettuce is the foundation of this steak salad. I love its delicious crunch! You could also swap this out for spinach, kale, or argula.
- Roma Tomatoes: I love the taste and shape of Roma tomatoes. They have a little bit more tang than other tomatoes and they’re perfectly bite-sized!
- Avocado: Not only is avocado creamy and delicious, it’s a great source of healthy fats! Avocado plus steak is the tastiest umami combination.
- Red Onion: Red onions will give your steak salad a bit of crunch, which I love! It has a nice, sharp flavor and pairs perfectly with the flavors of the other veggies.
- Corn on the Cob: You can shear your corn or leave it on the cob! I love the texture that corn kernels add to the salad.
- Lime: Lime slices give the salad a hint of zesty flavor.
- Feta Cheese: Crumbled feta is SO good in this salad. The bright flavor of the cheese balances the tanginess of the dressing really well.
- Skirt Steak: Sliced skirt steak is the star of the show! You can find my recipe here. Skirt steak is so juicy, flavorful, and easy to grill up! You’re going to love it!
Honey Balsamic Dressing
- Balsamic Vinegar: Balsamic vinegar is a must! It’s so tangy and delicious.
- Minced Garlic: Adds that perfect savory flavor. Honey garlic is one of my favorite flavor combos!
- Sugar: Granulated sugar is added to balance flavors.
- Olive Oil: Olive oil gives the dressing a rich flavor and binds all of the ingredients together.
- Honey: For that perfect sweetness! It also helps to thicken up the vinaigrette.
- Salt: Add a pinch to enhance the overall flavor of the balsamic dressing.
How to Make Steak Salad With Honey Balsamic Dressing
Making this skirt steak salad is as easy as it gets! The fresh veggies, steak, and vinaigrette do all of the heavy lifting. So, all you have to do is toss everything together! This is the perfect recipe for using up leftover veggies.
- Add Steak and Vegetables: In a large bowl, add the romaine, Roma tomatoes, avocado, onion, corn, lime, feta and skirt steak.
- Making the Dressing: Whisk the balsamic vinegar, garlic, sugar, olive oil, honey and salt together. Pour over salad and toss gently.
Making the Best Steak Salad
With a salad this good, it’s bound to be a hit with your friends and family! You can customize and enhance your steak salad with just a few simple tips and tricks. No matter how you tweak it, you can’t go wrong with steak and a honey balsamic glaze.
- Picking a Steak: I love using skirt steak in this salad because of how rich and flavorful it is. You can swap this for sirloin, or if you want something a little leaner, try strips of flank!
- Let Steak Rest: Once your steak is done cooking, let it rest! If you cut it into strips too early, it won’t be as juicy. 10-15 minutes should do the trick!
- Customize Dressings: The great thing about this salad is that the ingredients go with just about any dressing. You can swap out the honey balsamic for some homemade caesar, Greek, or blue cheese dressing! I love being able to mix and match.
- Adding Other Vegetables: Other vegetables I love adding to this steak salad are hard-boiled eggs, chopped peppers, cucumbers, olives, and black beans.
- Serve With: Honestly, this salad is a meal on its own, but you can complete it with a side of homemade rolls or breadsticks!
Storing Leftover Salad
If you’re planning on making this salad ahead of time, it’s best to store it without dressing! The moisture of the dressing will make your salad soggy.
- In the Refrigerator: Tightly cover your salad bowl in plastic wrap. Your steak salad will store for up to 5 days in the fridge without dressing. If you’ve added dressing, it will stay fresh for 1-2 days.
Honey Balsamic Dressing:
In a large bowl add the romaine, Roma tomatoes, avocado, onion, corn, lime, feta and skirt steak.
To make the dressing: Whisk the balsamic, garlic, sugar, olive oil, honey and salt.
Calories556kcal (28%)Carbohydrates40g (13%)Protein30g (60%)Fat33g (51%)Saturated Fat8g (40%)Polyunsaturated Fat3gMonounsaturated Fat19gTrans Fat1gCholesterol83mg (28%)Sodium783mg (33%)Potassium853mg (24%)Fiber5g (20%)Sugar29g (32%)Vitamin A2478IU (50%)Vitamin C17mg (21%)Calcium90mg (9%)Iron3mg (17%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.