Spinach dip is a classic appetizer known for its creamy and comforting flavors. The combination of spinach, cheeses, and seasonings creates a delicious dip you’ll want to bring to all of your gatherings!
This easy, crowd-pleasing dip is served warm and bubbly from the oven. I love serving a delicious warm dip because people gather around and can’t stop dipping! Trust me when I tell you to bring thishomemade cheese dip, this popular chicken dip, or my favorite crab dip to your next party.
What Is Spinach Dip?
Spinach is definitely the star of this spinach dip because it adds a delicious texture. But it’s the combination of cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, and parmesan cheese that take this dip to the next level! I love serving it with a sliced baguette, crackers, or vegetables for dipping.
I love the many different ways I can use spinach in my recipes. Spinach has so many nutritional benefits, and I like to always have it on hand. Throw some spinach into your next smoothie for breakfast, your next salad for lunch, or enjoy this one-pot meal for dinner!
This spinach dip comes together easily in just minutes, and I love making it ahead of time before a party or a game. All of the ingredients you can have on hand and store until you are ready to make it. See the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Cream Cheese: Nothing says creamy and delicious like the addition of cream cheese!
- Sour Cream: Sour cream adds a creamy texture to the dip.
- Garlic: Flavorful garlic is a must in this tasty dip!
- Onion Powder: I love using onion powder to season dishes without having to cut them and get teary over it!
- Mozzarella Cheese: Freshly shredded mozzarella cheese melts perfectly in the oven.
- Parmesan Cheese: I love the addition of salty parmesan cheese.
- Spinach: Use frozen spinach that has been thawed and drained.
- Kosher Salt: Salt helps season and bring out all the flavors in the dip.
- Black Pepper: Pepper helps balance the salty flavors in the dip.
Making Spinach Dip
This spinach dip is quick to make and has SO MUCH FLAVOR! You need to make a double batch because it is that good! Follow the instructions and serve this directly from your baking dish.
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 1-quart baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Mix: In a medium-sized bowl, add the cream cheese and sour cream. Mix with a hand mixer and blend until smooth.
- Add Seasonings and Cheeses: Add the garlic, onion powder, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper. Fold in the spinach until combined.
- Bake: Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until it is heated throughout and bubbly.
- Serve: Serve warm with sliced bread, a baguette, or crackers.
Tips and Variations
This spinach dip recipe is always a favorite, and everyone can’t stop dipping as they are gathered around. Try using low-fat cream cheese and sour cream for a lighter way of enjoying this appetizer.
- Frozen Spinach: Thawing your spinach is best for this spinach dip. Thaw and remove as much water/liquid from the spinach. Squeeze the spinach in your hands or use a paper towel to squeeze it out. Frozen pieces of spinach will be long and stringy, but simply chop it up the best you can.
- Fresh Spinach: You can use fresh spinach in this dip. Make sure to cook it before adding it to the mixture, and then chop it up into smaller pieces.
- Mix-Ins: Add ¼ cup of crumbled bacon, marinated artichoke hearts, chopped mushrooms, or sun-dried tomatoes. These all would be delicious additions to the spinach dip and add a yummy texture.
- Cheese: Substitute the cheese for Monterey Jack or fontina cheese for different flavoring.
- Slow Cooker: To keep this spinach dip warm, add it to a slow cooker on warm and stir it occasionally.
Leftover Spinach Dip
Making spinach dip is so quick and easy to make and just as easy to store leftovers. It’s also great to make ahead and store until you’re ready to rewarm it.
- In the Refrigerator: After baking the spinach dip, let it cool completely. Once it is cooled, tightly cover it with plastic wrap, or store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will last for about 2-3 days.
- To Reheat: When you are ready to eat it again, There are a few ways to do it! You can warm it in the oven. Just add it to an oven-safe pan and reheat it until it is nice and bubbly hot. Your next option is to warm it in a slow cooker on a low or warm setting. You can also reheat over the stovetop on low. Just stir it occasionally until it is warm to the touch.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 1-quart baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
In a medium-sized bowl add the cream cheese and sour cream. Mix with a hand mixer and blend until smooth.
Add the garlic, onion powder, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper. Fold in the spinach until combined.
Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until it is heated throughout and bubbly.
Serve warm with sliced bread, a baguette, or crackers.
Calories163kcal (8%)Carbohydrates3g (1%)Protein7g (14%)Fat14g (22%)Saturated Fat8g (40%)Polyunsaturated Fat1gMonounsaturated Fat4gCholesterol41mg (14%)Sodium322mg (13%)Potassium143mg (4%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar2g (2%)Vitamin A3242IU (65%)Vitamin C2mg (2%)Calcium211mg (21%)Iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.