This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my.
Slow Cooker Mississippi Pork Roast is a savory, sweet and spicy pork roast that is tender to the touch and falls apart with ease. It takes minutes to prepare and can be paired with a variety of sides. Your family will fall in love with this incredibly flavorful, melt-in-your-mouth dinner!
I love a delicious roast! It’s my go to- meal whenever I need to impress guests, feed a crowd, or just have some delicious home-cooked food! Make this delicious roast with thesethese yummy , and these delicious and you will have a simple and easy meal that everyone will love!
Slow Cooker Mississippi Pork Roast
I have fallen in love with this pork roast recipe. It is tender, juicy, and has all the flavor you need. It turned out perfect in the slow cooker, and I am here to tell you it was one of the best meals that I have ever made. Since making this recipe a couple of weeks ago, I have already made it again… Twice!
One of the best parts about this meal is that it is so incredibly easy. It takes less than 5 minutes to put everything in the, and within minutes, it is ready for dinner. This tender, melt-in-your-mouth pork has a flavor that is to die for. Mississippi Roast usually calls for beef roast, but I love that you can always swap it out for pork. Not to mention, the leftovers are fantastic! Use them on top of some , in a sandwich, or make yourself some with the extra meat!
Ingredients in Mississippi Pork Roast
Simplify your life by using marinated fresh pork. It comes in a wide assortment of mouthwatering flavors, including; Roasted Garlic and Herb, Applewood Smoked Bacon, Sweet Teriyaki, and Slow Smoked Mesquite. It also comes in a wide variety of cuts, including; loin filets, chops, ribs, sirloins, and tenderloins.
- Pork Roast: I like to get a roast that is already marinated and ready to go so that I can get to cooking it right away!
- Ranch Seasoning: This adds just the right fresh flavor and creates a delicious taste.
- Au Jus Gravy Mix: The au jus mix adds to the ranch and makes it so that as the post cookies, it tasks on additional flavor.
- Butter: I used unsalted butter in this recipe.
- Pepperoncini Peppers: Once the roast is done cooking, you can discard the peppers.
Let’s Cook a Roast!
This is a meal where you put all of the ingredients in the slow cooker, set it, and forget it! This Mississippi pork roast cooks to perfection and is so simple. This will be your new go-to family meal!
- Add to Crockpot: Add pork roast to the . Sprinkle ranch and au jus packages on top. Top with butter and peppers.
- Cook: Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Shred: Remove the pepperoncini peppers, shred the meat with a fork and serve.
What Temperature to Cook a Pork Roast
The National Pork Board recommends cooking pork chops, Mississippi pork roasts, and tenderloins to an internal temperature between 145 degrees Fahrenheit (medium rare) and 160 degrees Fahrenheit (medium), followed by a 3-minute rest. Since large cuts increase in temperature by about 10 degrees Fahrenheit while resting, remove them from the heat at 150 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 10-minute rest.
How to Store Leftovers
If you have leftovers from this meal, then consider yourself lucky! The leftovers can be used in just about anything (I really loved them in a goodor some .
- In the Refrigerator: Once your roast has cooled, then you can place it in an and store it in your fridge. It will last for about 3-4 days.
- To Reheat: You can easily warm this up in the microwave just before serving!
Add pork roast to the slow cooker. Sprinkle ranch and au jus packages on top. Top with butter and peppers.
Cook on low for 6 hours.
Shred with a fork and serve.
Originally Posted on March 25, 2019
Updated on December 2, 2022
Calories84kcal (4%)Carbohydrates3g (1%)Protein0.3g (1%)Fat8g (12%)Saturated Fat5g (25%)Polyunsaturated Fat0.3gMonounsaturated Fat2gTrans Fat0.3gCholesterol20mg (7%)Sodium413mg (17%)Potassium37mg (1%)Fiber0.5g (2%)Sugar0.3gVitamin A281IU (6%)Vitamin C11mg (13%)Calcium4mgIron0.1mg (1%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.