This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my.
This reindeer food is the most addicting mixture of treats! It’s the perfect combo of sweet and salty and ideal for any holiday gathering!
I LOVE snacking at parties! Some other great options for any of your parties and get-togethers are this, this , or these delicious !
What IS Reindeer Food?
Ok, ok. I know that this isn’t the most traditional name for a holiday dish but trust me… It will for sure become your family’s holiday tradition for the season after you try it once! This is SO easy to make and is simply addicting. It has all of the perfect ingredients in it to make it sweet and salty so everyone loves it! Plus, it’s a great treat to make with your kids! Some similar treats to this that I love are theseand these .
I always love recipes that I can use during the holidays and this one is great because I can whip it together in less than 10 minutes. I always make sure to have this stuff on hand so that I can make it whenever! It’s also a great one to use on other occasions and holidays. All you have to do is change up the color of m&m’s and sprinkles and you can have this at Easter, the 4th of July, or really whenever! Once you start, you won’t be able to stop!
Ingredients You Need to Make Reindeer Food
These ingredients are super easy to gather up. I bet you probably already have a lot of them at your house! See the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Corn Chex: I like Corn Chex because of the flavor but you can use Rice Chex too!
- Popcorn: Cook this up and make sure that you don’t use butter or salt! Air popped popcorn is the best for this.
- Mini pretzels: You can use the classic shaped pretzels or the stick pretzels for this recipe.
- M&M’s: I like to make this extra festive by getting the red and green m&m’s!
- Peanuts: These are completely optional so if you (or anyone at your party) has a peanut allergy then just leave these out!
- White chocolate chips: You will melt this up to make it all stick together.
- Sprinkles: These are optional but when I put the Christmas sprinkles on, it just looks that much more festive for the season.
Let’s Make Some Reindeer Food!
Take 10 minutes and make this recipe. Trust me, you are going to be SO glad that you did!!
- Prep pan and combine: Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside. In a large bowl combine corn chex, popcorn, pretzels, m&m’s, and peanuts.
- Melt white chocolate chips: In a small microwave safe bowl, add the white chocolate chips and cook for 30 seconds at a time stirring until smooth.
- Pour chocolate over mix: Pour the chocolate over the mix and toss until fully coated.
- Spread onto baking sheet and let set: Spread in an even layer on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with Christmas sprinkles and allow chocolate to set.
How to Make this Ahead (or Store Leftovers!)
This reindeer food is super easy to put together ahead of time! Once it has cooled then you can transfer it to a sealed, airtight container. It will last about 5-6 days like this on your counter. If you can make it last that long!
Line a with parchment paper and set it aside. In a large bowl combine corn Chex, popcorn, pretzels, m&m’s, and peanuts.
In a small microwave-safe bowl, add the white chocolate chips and cook for 30 seconds at a time stirring until smooth.
Pour the chocolate over the mix and toss until fully coated.
Spread in an even layer on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with Christmas and allow chocolate to set.
Serving12peopleCalories373kcal (19%)Carbohydrates50g (17%)Protein6g (12%)Fat17g (26%)Saturated Fat9g (45%)Polyunsaturated Fat2gMonounsaturated Fat4gTrans Fat1gCholesterol9mg (3%)Sodium268mg (11%)Potassium173mg (5%)Fiber2g (8%)Sugar30g (33%)Vitamin A303IU (6%)Vitamin C3mg (4%)Calcium114mg (11%)Iron4mg (22%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.