This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my.
Sausage dip is a must-make appetizer for any potluck, party, or get-together! Crumbled sausage, cream cheese, pepper jack, chopped tomatoes and green chiles get cooked together to melty perfection. Grab your favorite chips, this is one hearty appetizer you don’t want to miss.
Hot dips are the best. So delicious and perfect for munching on all winter long! If this sausage dip seems like it’s up your alley, here are a few more recipes I think you’ll love:, , and !
Cheesy Sausage Dip
This sausage dip is one of those recipes that I find myself coming back to all the time. It’s a classic! And it checks all the boxes. Ooey-gooey, hearty, flavorful, and so easy to make!
Picture this: warm, melty pepper jack cheese stretching from your chip to the dip. Then the juicy tomatoes, spicy chilies, and cream cheese give it the perfect flavor and texture. And the crumbled sausage? It makes this dip nice and meaty, so each bite is extra satisfying!
Grab your ingredients, crank up the oven, and get ready to experience gooey, delicious bliss. This sausage dip is about to become your new favorite appetizer.
- Ground Sausage: Use your favorite kind, whether it’s regular, Italian, or hot sausage! Ground beef or turkey will also work in a pinch.
- Cream Cheese: Makes the sausage dip creamy and rich. Soften it before adding for a smooth texture.
- Diced Tomatoes: Add a burst of juicy goodness.
- : Spice things up! Adjust the amount to your heat tolerance, or omit them altogether for a milder option. You could also add diced jalapenos or chipotle peppers instead.
- Pepper Jack Cheese: Melty, gooey goodness with a fiery bite! Shred it yourself for the perfect texture, or use pre-shredded for easy prep. For a milder option, use Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese.
How to Make Sausage Dip
It’s so easy and only takes 20 minutes from start to finish! You’ll have cheesy, meaty goodness cooking up in no time.
- Brown Sausage: Add the sausage to a medium-sized skillet. Break up the sausage into pieces and cook over medium-high heat until browned and no longer pink.
- Add Veggies and Cream Cheese: Add the tomatoes, green chilies, and cream cheese. Cook over medium heat, stirring until the cream cheese is melted.
- Mix in Cheese: Add the shredded cheese and stir until melted.
- Adjust to Taste: Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Garnish: Garnish with chopped cilantro and sliced jalapenos.
- Enjoy: Serve warm with tortilla chips, crackers, or crostini.
Tips and Variations
This epic sausage dip is already a party in a bowl, but let’s take it to the next level with some easy customizations:
- Add More Spice: Double the green chilies, or swap them for diced jalapenos. You can also add a pinch of cayenne pepper or a dash of your favorite hot sauce for an extra fiery kick.
- Tex-Mex Version: Add a can of drained black beans and a sprinkle of taco seasoning for a Tex-Mex variation. Top with chopped fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lime for a bright finish.
- Serve With: Serve sausage dip with a variety of dippers like tortilla chips, pita chips, crackers, breadsticks, flatbread, baguette slices, or for a well-rounded snack platter.
Storing this delicious sausage dip is a breeze. Simply transfer any leftover dip to an airtight container (think plastic storage container or mason jar) and store it in the fridge for up to 3 days.
To reheat, pop the container in the microwave on medium heat for 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until warmed through. Or, for a more even heat, transfer the dip to a small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until it’s hot and bubbly.
Pin this now to find it later
Add the sausage to a medium-sized skillet. Break up the sausage into pieces and cook over medium-high heat until browned and no longer pink.
Add the tomatoes, green chilies, and cream cheese. Cook over medium heat, stirring until the cream cheese is melted.
Add the shredded cheese and stir until melted.
Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.
Garnish with chooped cilantro and sliced jalapenos.
Serve warm with tortilla chips, crackers, or crostini.
Calories: 516kcalCarbohydrates: 5gProtein: 23gFat: 45gSaturated Fat: 21gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0.2gCholesterol: 126mgSodium: 893mgPotassium: 357mgFiber: 1gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 909IUVitamin C: 7mgCalcium: 339mgIron: 2mg
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.