This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my.
Salami Pizza is a quick and easy recipe that is sure to satisfy the whole family! A homemade pizza with all the flavor of your favorite pizzeria that is ready in just under 30 minutes, this salami pizza is definitely going to be one you come back to again and again.
It’s no secret I love pizza! It’s such a perfect combination of delicious and soft bread, a sweet and flavorful sauce, and then you get to add whatever toppings you like best. My family has always loved pizza. Which is why you will find us eatingor this super tasty , or the controversial classic all the time.
Pizza with Salami
Salami pizza is just what it sounds like! It’s an incredible and simple twist on the classic pepperoni pizza, but instead you top it with salami. Salami is a lot like pepperoni because it is a cured meat. But salami is less peppery and more herby. It still has tons of flavor, but it has less of that heat afterwards and in my opinion it has more flavor. I love it so much!
Not that I have anything against a classic pepperoni pizza, I just feel like pepperoni is better in aor a . And honestly, in a pinch, I’ve added it to a and people loved it! Pepperoni has long reigned queen of the pizza topping, but I think it’s time to switch it up and give something new a try. This recipe is better than Domino’s Salami pizza, I promise you won’t regret trying this recipe!
Like most pizza, this salami pizza is as good as your ingredients are! I always say that the better quality of the ingredients, the better the food. The sauce for the pizza is really easy to make at home, and I love making it because I feel like it always tastes better that way. The crust is another great thing to make at home. You can find the full ingredients listed in the recipe card.
- Pizza Dough: Pizza dough is so easy to make at home! I totally recommend it, and there are so many great recipes online. It’s a simple dough made of flour, water, salt, yeast, and olive oil. A lot of the time I will make which is really full of flavor.
- : Marinara sauce is something you can absolutely make at home. The best part about that is you can choose the quality of tomatoes, and add whatever herbs you like. Try it out, you will be amazed at how much you love it!
- Mozzarella Cheese: You will want to buy shredded cheese because it is going on top of the sauce.
- Salami: This is key to the pizza! It is so flavorful and those of you who don’t like pepperoni pizza, I think you are going to love salami! It’s usually made out of pork and so yummy.
- : I like to make a fresh blend of Italian seasoning every couple months because the herbs are so much more fresh and they really do taste better. You can use a store bought blend, or blend your own!
- Parmesan Cheese: I really love to top my pizza with parmesan at the end, but that’s optional.
- Parsley: This fresh herb adds a lot of flavor and freshness to the pizza.
Salami Pizza Recipe
Ok, get ready for a super delicious dinner ready in under 30 minutes! If you have never made pizza at home, you are going to love the process! You don’t even have to have a pizza stone or a fancy oven to cook this salami pizza. You can use what you already have on hand.
- Preheat Oven: Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Roll Out Dough: On a lightly-floured surface, roll the dough into a large circle.
- Add Cornmeal: Lightly sprinkle the cornmeal onto the bottom of your pizza pan and lay the dough on the pan.
- Top Pizza: Spread pizza sauce evenly. Add the cheese and sliced salami.
- Season and Bake: Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and bake for 12-14 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish and Enjoy: Garnish with grated Parmesan and fresh parsley. Slice and enjoy!
Other Topping to Add
A pizza is just a blank canvas, and this Salami pizza is laying down a perfect foundation for you to spice it up however you like! I’m sure you’ve ordered pizza online before, and can see how many topping combinations you can add. Think of this recipe like that! Here are some suggestions if you can’t figure out what you would love on top of this pizza.
- Additional Seasonings: Plain old salt and pepper can add a little extra flavor to the pizza. If you are making your own sauce, it’s best to add it in there. I love adding garlic, fresh basil, and fennel.
- Add Veggies: I absolutely love a veggie loaded pizza. My favorites are mushrooms and red onions. You could also do artichoke hearts, olives, or pepperoncini (those count as a veggie right?!).
- Add Meats: I don’t know about you, but my family loves a meat lovers pizza. They get full on less pizza, and they just ask for it more often than not. Great additions to this pizza are ham and sausage. They all taste great together and always satisfy a crowd.
Storing leftover pizza is easy, and honestly who doesn’t love a good cold pizza the next day? Not everyone? Ok, well my family and I eat it warm or cold! Here’s how to store your leftovers.
- In the Refrigerator: Store your leftover salami pizza in the refrigerator wrapped in plastic wrap or in an . It will stay fresh for about 4 days.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
On a lightly-floured surface, roll the dough into a large circle.
Lightly sprinkle the cornmeal onto the bottom of your pizza pan and lay the dough on the pan.
Spread pizza sauce evenly. Add the cheese and sliced salami.
Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and bake for 12-14 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Garnish with grated Parmesan and fresh parsley. Slice and enjoy!
Serving1sliceCalories301kcal (15%)Carbohydrates26g (9%)Protein15g (30%)Fat15g (23%)Saturated Fat7g (35%)Polyunsaturated Fat1gMonounsaturated Fat5gCholesterol40mg (13%)Sodium1110mg (46%)Potassium160mg (5%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar4g (4%)Vitamin A266IU (5%)Vitamin C1mg (1%)Calcium156mg (16%)Iron2mg (11%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.