This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my.
These roasted cherry tomatoes are seasoned with garlic and basil and literally bursting to perfection. It’s a simple and delicious side dish that you will want to pair with every meal!
Roasted vegetables are so delicious and go with everything! Try out this, this delicious , and these . You will never go back to eating raw vegetables again!
Roasted Cherry Tomatoes Recipe
I can’t decide what I like most about these roasted tomatoes. Is it the basil or the garlic or the delicious, roasted exterior? These tomatoes start out firm and plump but as they cook in the oven, they literally burst and create the most delicious texture! They are so juicy and filled with flavor that I literally want to pair them with everything that I cook for dinner.
Not only do these taste delicious but they are so easy to make! The seasoning that you toss them in tastes so delicious and the flavors of Italian seasoning and basil pair beautifully with the freshPlus, my garden is full of tomatoes this time of year and this is a great way for me to use them all! I love all but I must say, these may be my new favorite!
Ingredients in Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
These roasted cherry tomatoes are so good that my kids even love them. And let’s be honest… Anytime I can get my kids to willingly eat some vegetables, I call that a win! Check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Cherry Tomatoes: I like to use different colors of cherry tomatoes so that this looks colorful!
- Olive Oil: You will drizzle olive oil on the tomatoes so that the seasoning sticks.
- Parmesan Cheese: When you sprinkle in some parmesan cheese, it adds a delicious taste. Don’t skip this!
- Garlic Cloves: If you don’t have fresh garlic cloves then go ahead and used minced garlic instead. ½ teaspoon equals about 1 clove of garlic.
- : Try making your Italian seasoning from scratch using . It has classic flavors like thyme and oregano that go so well with tomatoes.
- Salt and Pepper: These enhance all of the flavors in this roasted cherry tomatoes recipe.
- Basil: Fresh herbs are always a good idea and the taste of fresh basil really takes this recipe over the top.
How to Make Roasted Chery Tomatoes
You can whip up these roasted cherry tomatoes in no time! Eat them plain, toss them in a salad or add them to any entree. You will be hooked!
- Preheat: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine: In a large bowl add the cherry tomatoes, olive oil, parmesan, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper, and then stir it all together.
- Add Basil: Add the mixture to a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment and add the basil on top.
- Cook: Cook for 15-20 minutes or until the tomatoes are crispy and bursting.
Grape vs. Cherry Tomatoes
You can definitely use grape tomatoes instead of roasting cherry tomatoes! However, grape tomatoes tend to be less sweet than cherry tomatoes and they also have a bit of an irregular shape. Just keep both of those things in mind as you decide which tomatoes you want to use in this recipe.
Half or Whole Tomatoes
You can cut these roasted cherry tomatoes in half if you prefer! I like to keep them whole because I like the look of the tomatoes that have burst. But, if you want a leaner presentation then cut them in half. They will just roast this way and will maintain their shape because they won’t burst. It won’t change the taste, just how they look so it’s up to you to decide!
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
In a large bowl add the cherry tomatoes, olive oil, parmesan, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper, and stir it all together.
Add it to a baking sheet lined with parchment and add the basil on top.
Cook for 15-20 minutes or until the tomatoes are crispy and bursting.
Calories157kcal (8%)Carbohydrates8g (3%)Protein3g (6%)Fat13g (20%)Saturated Fat2g (10%)Polyunsaturated Fat1gMonounsaturated Fat9gCholesterol4mg (1%)Sodium285mg (12%)Potassium369mg (11%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar4g (4%)Vitamin A833IU (17%)Vitamin C37mg (45%)Calcium67mg (7%)Iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.