This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my.
Get ready to indulge in a mouthwatering ricotta cake that will blow your taste buds away! This amazing dessert combines the creamy goodness of whole milk ricotta cheese with pockets of mini chocolate chips. The result is cake that’s moist, tender, and perfectly sweet!
If you love ricotta cheese in desserts, here are a couple more recipes you’ll have to try out next:or ! The addition of ricotta cheese makes them so rich, creamy, and delicious.
Ricotta Cake Recipe
If you haven’t tried using ricotta cheese in your desserts, now is the time to start! Full fat ricotta cheese is an awesome ingredient for desserts because it makes them super creamy and decadent. It’s got that extra fat content that adds richness and makes everything taste even better. Whether you’re baking cakes, cookies, or cheesecakes, using full fat ricotta cheese takes your sweet treats to a whole new level of yumminess. (Make someor and see for yourself!)
Let’s talk about this ricotta cake, though. It’s so rich, tender and velvety soft, you won’t be able to get enough. It’s quickly becoming one of my favoriteand it’s not hard to see why! A slice of sweet, tender goodness with melty chocolate chips in each bite? Sounds pretty dreamy to me! If you’ve never had ricotta cake before, here’s your sign to make some. Trust me, you won’t regret it! Everyone will want a slice, so be sure to save some for yourself.
Ingredients in Ricotta Cake
Packed with a dreamy combination of ingredients like ricotta cheese, mini chocolate chips, and a splash of fragrant vanilla, this recipe is a surefire way to bake up a ridiculously moist and indulgent treat that’ll have everyone begging for more. So grab your apron and get ready to wow your taste buds with this ricotta cake! Note: exact measurements can be found below in the recipe card.
- All-Purpose Flour: Gives structure and stability to the cake, allowing it to rise and hold its shape. You can also use or to make this cake suitable for different diets! Just keep in mind that the crumb may vary slightly.
- Baking Powder: Makes the ricotta cake light and fluffy by creating air bubbles that help it rise while baking.
- Salt: Just a pinch of salt enhances the flavors in the cake, bringing out the sweetness and also adding a subtle savory element.
- Unsalted Butter: Adds richness and moisture to the cake, making it oh-so-tender and melt-in-your-mouth.
- Sugar: Sugar adds the necessary sweetness to balance out the flavors of the cake.
- Eggs: Bind everything together and contribute to the cake’s structure and moisture.
- A splash of vanilla extract adds a touch of warmth to the cake, making it irresistibly fragrant and delicious.
- Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese: The star of the show! This creamy cheese is the secret ingredient that gives the cake its unique texture and moistness. Part skim ricotta can also be used, but keep in mind that your cake may not turn out as creamy or rich.
- Mini Chocolate Chips: Tiny bursts of chocolatey goodness that add pockets of sweetness and a delightful texture to the cake. You could also use regular-sized chocolate chips or chocolate chunks, it’s all up to you!
Let’s Make Chocolate Chip Ricotta Cake!
Ricotta cake is super easy to prepare. Really, the hardest part is waiting for it to come out of the oven! This cake has a cooking time of about an hour, so turn on an episode or two of your favorite TV show while this bad boy bakes. Trust me, it’s so worth it. It’s hard not to eat the whole thing in one sitting once it comes out of the oven!
- Preheat Oven, Prepare Pan: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 10-inch springform pan with pan spray and set aside.
- Mix Dry Ingredients: In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Butter Mixture: In a large bowl, use a hand mixer or a stand mixer to beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add Wet Ingredients: Add the eggs one at a time, mixing thoroughly after each one. Add the vanilla and ricotta and beat until combined.
- Combine With Dry Ingredients: Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl and add the flour mixture. Mix until just combined. Then use a spatula to fold in the chocolate chips.
- Bake: Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean from the center and the center springs back when you gently press on it.
- Cool and Serve: Let the ricotta cake cool completely before serving. If desired, dust with powdered sugar.
These simple tips will take your cake from delicious to downright irresistible. Be prepared for ricotta cake to be a regular in your dessert rotation!
- : For the best release from the pan, use a pan spray that has flour in it.
- Use a Different Pan: If you don’t have a springform pan, you can use a 9×9 square pan instead. If using this pan, it’s best to use a sheet of parchment paper that overhangs two sides by an inch or two for easy removal.
- Add Citrus: For a tasty variation, add a tablespoon of lemon zest or orange zest to the batter. You may keep the chocolate chips in or omit them. For more citrusy flavor, you can also add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice to the cake batter!
- Toppings: Ricotta cake is great on its own, but also tasty when topped with some or fresh berries!
As long as you wrap your leftover ricotta cake in plastic wrap or keep it in an airtight container, it should stay fresh for a few days after you’ve made it! Ready for when a sweet craving hits.
- At Room Temperature: Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- In the Freezer: The cake can be baked and frozen for up to 3 months. Wrap the cooled cake in plastic wrap and then seal in a large freezer bag. Let thaw at room temperature overnight before serving.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Spray a 10-inch springform pan with pan spray and set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, use a hand mixer or a stand mixer to beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
Add the eggs one at a time, mixing thoroughly after each one. Add the vanilla and ricotta and beat until combined.
Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl and add the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Use a spatula to fold in the chocolate chips.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean from the center and the center springs back when you gently press on it.
Let the cake cool completely before serving. If desired, dust with powdered sugar.
Calories469kcal (23%)Carbohydrates57g (19%)Protein9g (18%)Fat23g (35%)Saturated Fat14g (70%)Polyunsaturated Fat1gMonounsaturated Fat5gTrans Fat0.5gCholesterol89mg (30%)Sodium298mg (12%)Potassium150mg (4%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar38g (42%)Vitamin A640IU (13%)Vitamin C0.1mgCalcium153mg (15%)Iron2mg (11%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.