Perfect Air Fryer Baked Potatoes are crispy on the outside and tender fluffy on the inside. Perfect addition to any meal, or a meal all on its own!
Whenever I think of baked potatoes, my mind automatically also thinks steak! It’s a classic combo, steak and baked potatoes. Try these amazing air fryer potatoes with any of these favorites. Perfect Air Fryer Steak with Garlic Herb Butter, Amazingly Delicious Skillet Salisbury Steak or use this World’s Best Steak Marinade on any steak for the most amazing meal.
Air Fryer Baked Potato
These are truly the best baked potatoes EVER! I don’t think I’ll ever be able to eat potatoes any other way. You and your family are going to fall in love with these potatoes. For those who never like to eat the skin, you’re going to want to eat the skin of these beauties! It’s salty, crunchy and heavenly. The inside is fluffy, light and tender. Perfect for any toppings you may wish, and the possibilities are endless! These are for sure to become a new family favorite.
Cooking them in the air fryer saves you time. And that means you can have more time with family. Instead of heating up the oven to bake potatoes that usually take up to an hour and half. Using the air fryer takes 40-45 minutes and leaves you the oven for other things. It’s the most ideal way to bake potatoes. If it’s been a while since you have baked a potato, I’m giving you the best excuse to try them again, for the very first time!
Why you Should Eat Potatoes
Potatoes are extremely good for you. They are high in potassium and vitamin B6 and a whole slew of minerals and antioxidants. Yes, they are starchy, but it’s the good kind, resistant starch! Resistant starch is great for helping maintain blood sugars, and improve your overall digestive health. Take note however, most of the vitamins and nutrients are in the skins, so you want to leave them on. It’s a good thing this recipe makes them irresistible!
Potatoes are one of the highest ranking foods for filling you up, and keeping you full longer. Potatoes contain a protein that can actually curb your appetite!
Ingredients for Air Fryer Potatoes
With only 3 ingredients, these air fryer baked potatoes can’t get any easier! Simple, delicious and perfect! What’s not to love about these scrumptious baked potatoes?
- Potatoes: Starchy potatoes are best for baking. Russets are the classic original.
- Olive Oil: This will help the salt stick and give the skins a nice crunch.
- Salt: Adds flavor. I like to use flakey or kosher salt.
How to Cook Easy Baked Potatoes in an Air Fryer
Done in under an hour you can have dinner on the table in no time. Biggest advantage to the air fryer! It’s faster than conventional methods, usually!
- Wash: Scrub and wash potatoes and pat dry
- Pierce: With a fork pierce all over.
- Oil: Rub olive oil on the potatoes.
- Cook: Place in air fryer and sprinkle with salt. Cook at 400 for 40 min or till fork tender.
Tips for the Best Air Fried Baked Potatoes
You can’t go wrong with air fried baked potatoes. The air fryer uses circulating air to cook the potato evenly so there are no hard spots, cold spots or tough skin. It crisps the skins to a crunchy golden brown. The skins are almost better than the insides!
- Why you poke them: As a potato cooks steam builds up on the inside, and pressure begins to build. When the pressure is stronger than the skin, it can explode. Puncturing the potato prevents the pressure from building up by giving the steam places to escape.
- Air Fryer: Check your air fryer instructions before cooking. Depending on your air fryer, you may be able to cook up to 4 potatoes at once. Be sure they are spaced evenly so the air can circulate easily.
- Sizing: Try to keep your potatoes the same size so they’ll cook at the same rate.
- Seasoning: Don’t be afraid to season the outside of the potato generously. Add herbs if you’d like such as rosemary, dill, or other seasonings.
- Leftovers: Store leftover potatoes in the fridge. Use leftovers to dice up or shred and pan fry for tasty home hash browns or breakfast hash.
Add All the Toppings for Baked Potatoes
One of the best things about baked potatoes is that they are so versatile. You can customize them so easily and they go with just about anything. Because of their light fluffy texture and mild flavor, they are the perfect vehicle for some flavor.
- Loaded: It’s the classic cheese, bacon and sour cream and chives. Can’t go wrong with this one!
- Chili: Make my favorite chili or even use a can. Heat it up and pour it over your potato top it with cheese and sour cream if you desire.
- BBQ: Cook up some shredded pork, beef or chicken slathered in this mouth watering BBQ sauce.
- Pizza: Marinara sauce, pepperoni, or sausage and any other pizza fixings you love.
- Taco: Perfectly seasoned meat of choice, cheese, salsa, tomatoes, lettuce, avocado and sour cream.
- Dips: This is one of the best ways to use up those leftover dips. Slather it on a baked potato and you’ve got a meal! Try Chicken Alfredo Dip, Loaded Creamy Ranch Dip, or 5 Minute Million Dollar Dip.
- Cheese: They’re a million different cheeses to use but I love using these sauces. Homemade Cheese Sauce, or a bit of spice this Amazing Rotel Dip.
- Broccoli Cheddar: Melted Velveeta and steamed broccoli or leftover Broccoli Cheddar Soup.
- Stuffed: This is where you prepare every topping imaginable and let your family and friends go to town on loading them taters up. This is a great dish for potlucks or serving a large group. Think cheese, peas, diced ham, tomatoes, crumbled sausage, bacon, cheese sauce, mushrooms, onions, olives, sour cream and of course butter.
More Potato Loving Recipes
Potatoes can take so many forms and be so dang good! Whether you love them mashed, fried, hashed or any other way, I have a recipe for you. Here are a few of my favorites.
Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 2 Potatoes
Perfect Air Fryer Baked Potatoes are crispy on the outside and tender fluffy on the inside. Perfect addition to any meal, or a meal all on it’s own!
- 2 medium sized potatoes
- olive oil
- Bacon bits
- green onions
- sour cream
Scrub and wash the potatoes and pat dry. Rub with olive oil and pierce all over with a fork. Place into the basket of the air fryer and sprinkle with salt.
Cook at 400 degrees for 40 minutes or until fork tender when pierced.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.