This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my.
Bright and vibrant Mango Chicken is a flavorful, unique dinner that the whole family will enjoy! Tender chicken pieces are browned, and then baked in a sweet and tangy mango sauce. Serve with rice to soak up all of the delicious sauce!
Saucy chicken recipes are always a hit! If you’re looking for other new and exciting ways to serve chicken, try this, or amazing .
Mango Chicken Recipe
Mango chicken is quickly becoming one of my family’s favorite meals. It has a wonderful blend of flavors that combine tangy and sweet. The chicken is browned before adding it to a baking dish and pouring the simple, yet mouth-watering mango sauce over the top and cooking it until it’s saucy and bursting with flavor. It’s so good, we just cannot get enough!
This mango chicken recipe is not only incredibly tasty, but it comes together with very little hassle in just about 20 minutes of prep time. We like to enjoy it with fluffyor and a side of steamed veggies or an . This is one of those dinners that’s sure to become a regular in your meal rotation, just like it has in ours!
This mango chicken recipe is easy to make with simple ingredients. The taste of the fresh mangos with the soy sauce and apple cider vinegar really takes your average chicken to the next level!
- Chicken Breasts: Use boneless, skinless chicken breasts for easy prep.
- Garlic Salt: To season the chicken.
- Cornstarch: Creates a wonderful crispy exterior on the chicken pieces.
- Eggs: Helps the coating stick to each piece of chicken.
- Oil: Use a neutral oil, like canola oil to brown the chicken and give it a nice crust.
For the Sauce:
- Sugar: Granulated sugar adds a touch of sweetness to the sauce.
- Mango Nectar: Adds extra fruity mango flavor to the dish.
- Soy Sauce: Provides a delicious salty flavor that balances the sweetness of the other ingredients.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Adds some acidity and a subtle tang.
- Cornstarch: Thickens the sauce.
- Red Bell Pepper: For color, texture and flavor.
- Mango Chunks: Use fresh or , and you can add them to the pan frozen. They will cook quickly.
- Green Onions: Optional for garnish to finish the dish with a pop of color.
What is Mango Nectar?
Mango nectar is mango puree mixed with a liquid sweetener. It is used to make sauces, drinks, smoothies, and desserts. It can be found in the beverage aisle at the grocery store.
How to Make Mango Chicken
Making mango chicken is very simple! Dredge the chicken, make the sauce, coat the chicken in sauce and bake to perfection. You’re going to go crazy over this dish. It has so much flavor and tastes!
- Prep the Chicken: Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Cut the chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces and then season with garlic salt.
- Dredge Chicken: Add the cornstarch to one bowl, and the slightly beaten eggs to another bowl. Dip each chicken piece into the cornstarch then coat it in the egg mixture.
- Cook the Chicken: Heat the canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook until all the chicken is browned.
- Add to Baking Dish: Place the browned chicken into a 9 x 13 greased baking dish.
- Make the Sauce: Mix the sugar, mango nectar, apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, and cornstarch in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Coat the Chicken in Sauce: Pour the sauce over the chicken and then top the chicken with the red pepper and mango chunks.
- Bake: Place in oven and bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes. Stir the chicken every 15 minutes to help coat the chicken in the sauce.
- Serve: Garnish with chopped green onions and serve over rice and enjoy!
Tips and Variations
Here are a few tips, so your chicken turns out perfect every time you make it! I’ve also included a few ways to switch things up. That’s one thing that’s so great about cooking at home instead of ordering takeout. You can customize it however you want!
- Different Chicken: This recipe also works really well with skinless chicken thighs or pork if you want to switch things up!
- Chicken Pieces: Chop the chicken into similar-sized pieces, so that they cook evenly.
- Dredging Process: It’s important to first coat your chicken in the cornstarch and then the egg. This step makes the perfect breading for the chicken.
- Flash Frying: Don’t cook the chicken all the way through before baking. You just want to give the chicken a nice crust and lightly brown it on the outside, and then it bakes to perfection.
- Change the Sugar: For the sauce, you can swap the granulated sugar for brown sugar, if you’d like! It will give your chicken a deeper, more caramel-like flavor.
How to Store Leftover Mango Chicken
This mango chicken tastes great the next day for lunch or dinner! Heat it up and make yourself abowl, add it to a or eat it plain!
- In the Refrigerator: Once your chicken has cooled, then you can store any leftovers in an airtight container. Place it in your fridge, and it will last for 4-5 days.
- To Reheat: You can reheat the leftover chicken on your stove or in the microwave!
Pin this now to find it later
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Cut the chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces and season with garlic salt.
Add the cornstarch to one bowl, and the slightly beaten eggs to another bowl. Dip each chicken piece into the cornstarch then coat it in the egg mixture.
Heat the canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook until all the chicken is browned.
Place the browned chicken into a 9 x 13 greased baking dish.
Mix the sugar, mango nectar, apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, and cornstarch in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
Pour the sauce over the chicken and top the chicken with the red pepper and mango chunks.
Bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes. Stir the chicken every 15 minutes to help coat the chicken in the sauce.
Garnish with chopped green onions and serve over rice and enjoy!
Serving: 1cupCalories: 608kcalCarbohydrates: 60gProtein: 36gFat: 25gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0.03gCholesterol: 179mgSodium: 849mgPotassium: 726mgFiber: 1gSugar: 44gVitamin A: 1529IUVitamin C: 50mgCalcium: 35mgIron: 2mg
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.