This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my.
These Lucky Charms treats are a fun twist on the classic rice krispie treat and are every bit as magically delicious as you could imagine! They are sweet, but not too sweet to keep coming back for seconds and even thirds. They are a colorful and quick treat perfect for every occasion.
I just love a good bar. Sometimes I don’t want to go through the hassle of frosting a bunch of cupcakes, or scooping up a bunch of cookie batter. Bars are a quick and easy dessert that always please a crowd. If you want some great bar recipes, you’ve got to try these amazing, these delicious , and these .
Lucky Charms Rice Crispy Treats
If you are all out of ideas for a fun new dessert, then I have just the thing for you. These Lucky Charms treats are so unique and absolutely delicious, they just might be your new go-to recipe. They are just like abut with more fun and flavor! You make them in the same way, by melting down marshmallows in a pot and tossing the cereal in it until it’s a sticky sugary delicious mess. The best part about these bars is they are a no-bake recipe that is so easy to make, but everyone will be talking about them because they are unique and different!
I absolutely love, they are one of my all-time guilty pleasures. My kids, not so much. Which unfortunately means if I make a batch, I end up eating them all (tastes amazing but makes me feel not so amazing). If I want a quick and easy dessert, and we are all tired out on , then these Lucky Charm treats are my bestie. I love taking them to my kid’s school parties and pot lucks. They are always gone in a flash!
It doesn’t get easier than this everyone. Lucky Charms treats are the heaven sent dessert because you can just pull everything out from your pantry and put them together in 10 minutes. You can even use colorful mini marshmallows to add more magic to these rice krispie treats. You can also add anything else you like that you think would be yummy in this recipe, like white chocolate chips or salted pretzels. Find the measurements below in the recipe card.
- Butter: This is one of the only times that I use salted butter. This recipe is super sweet, so salt goes a long ways to help balance out the sweet flavors. If you want to use unsalted butter, add about 1 tsp of salt.
- Mini Marshmallows: These are what make the magic happen. If you want a more colorful treat, grab the rainbow marshmallows.
- Vanilla Extract: This adds a little more depth of flavor, and helps to bring out more flavors than just sweetness.
- Lucky Charms Cereal: This is where the magic happens. Instead of rice crispy treats, you will use lucky charms.
Lucky Charms Marshmallow Treats Recipe
Just melt butter, add marshmallows, then lucky charms and you’ve got the best Lucky Charms treats around. You will need a baking dish to press the treats into. I likewith a lid for easy storage afterward. I like to use a rubber spatula because the mixture will still be quite hot. You could even pick up a granola bar mold from the store and make delicious cereal bars that are perfect for snacking!
- Prep: Line a 9×9 pan with parchment paper. Lightly grease the parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt Marshmallows: In a large pot, add the butter and cook over medium heat until melted. Add all but 1 cup of the marshmallows and continue to cook until melted, stirring constantly.
- Add Vanilla and Cereal: Once melted, remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Stir in the cereal and remaining cup of marshmallows.
- Put in Pan: Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and gently press down.
- Enjoy: Let the treats cool completely before removing from the pan to cut and serve.
Tips for Making Lucky Charms Treats
There is really nothing to this Lucky Charms treats recipe. You can’t get it wrong! Here are a few ideas to make this recipe your own.
- Low Heat: Keep the heat at medium or lower. If you cook the marshmallows on high heat they will melt faster, but they will heat up too much and you will end up with hard treats that are difficult to bite into.
- Add Color: For added fun use the colored mini marshmallows instead of the classic white ones.
- Don’t Press Hard: Press GENTLY when adding the mixture to the pan. This will help the treats be light and chewy instead of dense and hard. You can spray a little cooking spray on your hands to prevent the marshmallow from sticking when you press them in.
Oh how I love you Lucky Charms treats. You make such great leftovers! They will store for almost a week without getting hard as long as you do it right. Here’s how to store leftovers.
- On the Counter: Leftover Lucky Charms treats are best stored at room temperature in an airtight container. They will keep for 3-5 days before beginning to get stale.
Line a 9×9 pan with parchment paper. Lightly grease the parchment paper and set aside.
In a large pot, add the butter and cook over medium heat until melted. Add all but 1 cup of the marshmallows and continue to cook until melted, stirring constantly.
Once melted, remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Stir in the cereal and remaining cup of marshmallows.
Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and gently press down.
Let the treats cool completely before removing from the pan to cut and serve.
Calories237kcal (12%)Carbohydrates45g (15%)Protein2g (4%)Fat6g (9%)Saturated Fat3g (15%)Polyunsaturated Fat1gMonounsaturated Fat2gTrans Fat0.2gCholesterol13mg (4%)Sodium221mg (9%)Potassium57mg (2%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar27g (30%)Vitamin A833IU (17%)Vitamin C6mg (7%)Calcium107mg (11%)Iron5mg (28%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.