This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my.
Guacamole is the perfect creamy dip that’s loaded with avocado and tomatoes and spiced with jalapeño and cumin. Beware because this crowd-pleasing dip is such a hit it disappears quickly!
Guacamole is the perfect dip for summer BBQs or nights at home.or are also two of my family’s favorites.
This is the most amazing homemade guacamole! It’s so simple, but is the result of tweaking the recipe over time to get it just right. The creamy, mild avocado and the tomato and lime juice are all balanced so well by the warm cumin and red onion. Every taste will make you want more and more. It is so addicting!
You don’t need a special occasion to make this homemade guacamole. It is so quick and easy to put together, which makes it great for a snack, appetizer, or topping any day of the week. Make it smooth or leave it a little bit chunky, you can customize it however you like! Pair it with fajitas like theseor for unbelievable flavor.
What’s in Guacamole?
This dip is filled with fresh and vibrant ingredients that come together so well. The warm spice of the cumin perfectly balances the brighter, more acidic flavors from the tomato and lime juice. This is the BEST guacamole recipe, and it will be a huge hit with everyone any time you make it!!
- Avocados: Remove the pit and scoop out of the skin before mashing it into the other ingredients and seasonings. When choosing the avocado, the riper the better!
- Red Onion: Run under hot water to remove any bite from the onion before mixing it in.
- Roma Tomatoes: Diced into small pieces, they add great flavor, color and moisture.
- Cilantro: Finely minced to easily add flavor throughout the guacamole.
- Jalapeno: Carve out the seeds and vein to get rid of a lot of the heat, then very finely mince so that there are no large pieces in the mixture and the flavor is even throughout.
- Cumin: Great earthy, warm spice that adds both sweet and bitter flavors.
- Salt and Pepper: A pinch of each! Feel free to add more to taste.
- Lime Juice: Squeeze a bit of fresh lime in for the perfect citrus flavor. It will also keep the avocados from turning brown.
Picking the Best Avocados
Go for avocados that are free of blemishes, slightly firm, but have give when you push in at the stem!
How to Make the Best Guacamole
This guacamole recipe could not be any simpler! Start by dicing and finely chopping the ingredients. Then, combine all the ingredients and mash as much or as little as you like!
- Combine ingredients: In a medium-sized bowl combine avocados, red onion, tomatoes, cilantro, jalapeño, cumin, salt, pepper and lime juice.
- Mash to desired consistency: Using a fork or masher mash the avocado and combine the ingredients until desired consistency.
Tips and Tricks
This is the best guacamole I have had in a long time! It’s so fresh and creamy and perfect! To get it tasting just the way you like it, here are some great ways to adapt the recipe.
- What can I use instead of cilantro if I don’t like it? Swap out the cilantro for another herb like parsley or basil if you don’t love the strong flavor of cilantro.
- How can I make my guacamole spicier? To add more heat, you could swap out the jalapenos for 2 serrano peppers.
- What do I serve with guacamole? are the most popular pairing because they are salty, crispy and the perfect platform to scoop up guacamole. Homemade guacamole is also great with fresh raw veggies or crackers.
- Other Uses: You can also use your guacamole as a topping for toast, quesadillas, burritos, tacos or fajitas.
Guacamole is best served freshly made. However, if you need to make it ahead, there is a trick to keeping it green for a couple of days in the refrigerator. Press the guacamole down into a container to avoid any air pockets and squeeze lime or lemon juice over the top to form a protective layer. It will keep the avocados from oxidizing as quickly. Then tightly cover the container. When you are ready to eat it, pour the liquid off and serve!
Pin this now to find it later
In a medium sized bowl combine avocados, red onion, tomatoes, cilantro, jalapeño, cumin, salt, pepper and lime juice. Using a fork, or the avocado and combine the ingredients until desired consistency.
Calories: 129kcalCarbohydrates: 8gProtein: 2gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gSodium: 298mgPotassium: 417mgFiber: 5gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 292IUVitamin C: 13mgCalcium: 13mgIron: 1mg
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.