This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my.
Grandma’s homemade fluffy pancakes are the ultimate comfort breakfast! They’re light and airy, yet satisfyingly filling, making them the perfect morning treat. Whether topped with syrup, fruit, or a dollop of whipped cream, these pancakes are sure to brighten up your day and bring a smile to your face
Some of the best tried and true recipes come from my grandma. Heris seriously one of the best recipes out there, and I use her recipe for every holiday! When it comes to pancakes, I promise this will be the only recipe that you use. They are so fluffy and perfect every single time!
Grandma’s Perfect Fluffy Pancakes
My grandma knew it all. She was a pro in the kitchen with all the homemade recipes she perfected. Everything was always homemade and made from scratch. Always made out of love for that extra touch! She always had a welcoming home and food was a priority for her. These fluffy pancakes were a staple of hers and they always turned out perfect every time we had them. The good news is, if you’re craving some pancakes right now, I’m sure you have everything you need to make a batch! The best part about this recipe is that it only uses a handful of simple ingredients like flour, a little sugar, a sprinkle of salt, an egg, and a cup of milk! Simple and delicious, the way pancakes should be!
When it comes to breakfast, these fluffy pancakes really are the ultimate comfort food. They are the perfect canvas. All you need are your favorite toppings! I always like using fresh blueberries and strawberries, then a sprinkle of powdered sugar and. No matter what tasty toppings you use, I know you will love this pancake recipe as much as my family does. With just a few simple ingredients and a little love, you will have thick, fluffy pancakes every time! It’s the perfect way to start your day!
Ingredients for Fluffy Pancakes
This ingredient list is seriously as simple as it gets. I love that I can pull all of these things out of my pantry, no grocery trip required! Check out the recipe card below for measurements so you can make a batch of your own! You won’t regret it!
- One Egg: Egg not only adds a boost of protein, but it also helps to bind the ingredients together, resulting in a fluffy and delicious stack of homemade pancakes!
- Canola Oil: Canola oil adds moisture to the batter and ensures that the pancakes don’t stick to the pan. You can also use butter or margarine if you’d like!
- Milk: No pancake recipe would be complete without a generous pour of milk. This ingredient provides the liquid base for the batter, and the fat content helps to keep the pancakes moist and tender. I always go for whole milk when I make pancakes, but you can use your favorite kind here. Dairy-free milk and nut milk works, too! Just keep in mind that the texture of your pancakes may change a little.
- Flour: The backbone of any good pancake recipe, flour gives the pancakes their structure and texture. Make sure to measure your flour accurately to keep your pancakes from turning out dry and dense.
- Salt: A pinch is all you need! It helps to boost the flavors of the other ingredients and balance out the sweetness of the sugar.
- Sugar: The key to making pancakes that are as tasty as they are fluffy. The sugar helps to brown the pancakes and adds a touch of sweetness that will have you coming back for seconds (and possibly thirds.)
- Baking Powder: This is what makes the pancakes rise and gives them that airy, fluffy texture we all know and love. Don’t skip it!
How to Make Perfect Fluffy Pancakes
Simple ingredients makes for a simple pancake recipe that is out of this world good. This tried and true pancake recipe will impress everyone in your family and become a new breakfast staple! Let’s get flipping!
- Wet ingredients: In a , whisk together egg, oil and milk.
- Dry Ingredients: Then in a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, sugar and baking powder.
- Combine: Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and then combine. Don’t overmix.
- Preheat Skillet: Preheat a to medium heat.
- Cook Pancakes: Spray with cooking spray and drop about ⅓ cup of the batter onto the warm skillet. Once it forms bubbles then flip to the other side and cook until golden brown.
Only Mix Until Smooth
Only mix your dry and wet ingredients together until combined to keep your pancakes fluffy. If you overmix the batter, this can cause gluten to develop so your pancakes turn out dense and rubbery instead of light and airy.
Tips, Tricks, and Delicious Toppings
Pancake perfection is only a few tips and tricks away! With a handful of simple ingredients and some know-how, you’ll be on your way to flipping the best homemade pancakes in town.
- Size of Pancakes: I used ⅓ cup of mix to pour onto the skillet. This made about 10 pancakes. You are welcome to make the pancakes smaller or bigger depending on your preference.
- Doubling the Recipe: My grandma’s fluffy pancake recipe can be doubled with all the same ingredients. If it is too thick add ⅛ of a teaspoon water or milk.
- Keep Pancakes Warm: If you are doubling the recipe or need to keep some warm while others are still cooking, place the pancakes on a baking sheet in a single layer and keep warm in the oven at 200 degrees Fahrenheit until ready to serve.
- Cooking Spray Substitute: If you don’t have cooking spray, butter also works for greasing the skillet or griddle.
- Clean the Griddle: In between cooking pancakes, try to wipe off the excess cooking spray or butter for the next batch of mix to be cooked. This will make sure the pancakes turn out golden brown and perfectly cooked each time.
- Add More Flavor to the Batter: To give your pancakes more flavor, try adding a teaspoon or two of vanilla extract or almond extract.
- Tasty Toppings: Looking to switch things up from the usual powdered sugar and maple syrup? Try adding fresh fruit, walnuts or pecans, or shredded coconut! In between your stacks, you can also add things like fruit jam, peanut butter, , or Nutella! The options are endless.
Got leftover pancakes or batter? No problem! Here’s how to keep it fresh.
- In the Refrigerator: Store your pancakes in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days, or freeze them for later.
- In the Freezer: To freeze, separate each pancake with a piece of wax paper to prevent sticking and then place in a freezer bag. Your fluffy pancakes will stay good for up to 2 months!
- Leftover Batter: For leftover batter, cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 24 hours – just give it a quick stir before using. Pancake prep has never been easier!
In a together egg, oil and milk. In a separate bowl combine flour, salt, sugar and baking powder. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and combine.
Preheat a over medium heat. Spray with and drop about ⅓ of the batter onto the warm skillet. Once it forms bubbles then flip to the other side and cook until golden brown.
Updated on April 17, 2023
Calories258kcal (13%)Carbohydrates36g (12%)Protein7g (14%)Fat10g (15%)Saturated Fat2g (10%)Cholesterol47mg (16%)Sodium193mg (8%)Potassium735mg (21%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar9g (10%)Vitamin A158IU (3%)Calcium340mg (34%)Iron2mg (11%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.