This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my.
Ignite your taste buds with this incredible firecracker salmon! The fish is extra tender and flaky, coated in a delicious homemade glaze. Its perfectly balanced blend of sweet and spicy flavors will leave you craving bite after bite!
Salmon is easily my favorite fish to cook with. It’s so tender and flavorful, and works well with a bunch of different sauces and seasonings. If you’re a salmon fan like me, not only do you have to try this firecracker salmon, but, , and as well!
Firecracker Salmon Recipe
Firecracker salmon is an absolute winner, and it’s easy to see why. First off, let’s talk about the star of the show: the juicy salmon itself. This fish is not only crazy delicious with its buttery flavor, but it’s also loaded with those good-for-you omega-3 fatty acids. It’s like hitting the jackpot for taste and health in one bite! And when you slather it with that firecracker sauce, oh boy, it takes it to a whole new level of yum.
Speaking of that sauce, it’s the real game-changer here. It’s a mashup of(or Frank’s hot sauce), brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, and a sprinkle of red pepper flakes. The result? A mind-blowing combo of tangy, sweet, and spicy flavors that’ll make your mouth water. It’s seriously so good, I can’t say enough good things about it!
Ingredients for the Salmon and Firecracker Sauce
Get ready to turn up the heat in your kitchen with this firecracker salmon! Bursting with succulent salmon, zesty green onions, and a sizzling homemade firecracker sauce, it’s an explosion of flavors that will leave you craving bite after bite. Find exact measurements in the recipe card below.
- Salmon Filets: Salmon is not just lip-smackingly delicious, but it’s also packed with healthy omega-3 fatty acids that are good for your heart and overall well-being. It gets so tender and flavorful when you coat it in the firecracker sauce… you’re going to love it.
- Green Onions: Add a pop of freshness and a subtle onion flavor to the dish.
- Sesame Seeds: These tiny, crunchy seeds bring a delightful nuttiness and a satisfying texture to every bite.
- Homemade Firecracker Sauce: The real star of the show! This sauce is what gives firecracker salmon its name and its explosive taste. It’s a tasty blend of buffalo sauce or , sweet brown sugar, tangy apple cider vinegar, and a touch of heat from red pepper flakes. It’s the perfect balance of spicy and tangy with a touch of sweetness. If you prefer a milder heat, you can adjust the amount of hot sauce or swap it for a milder hot sauce variety. Also feel free to tone down the amount of red pepper flakes you add!
How to Make Firecracker Salmon
If you’re not already convinced, firecracker salmon only takes 15 minutes to make. It’s a quick and easy dinner that even your picky eaters will love!
- Heat Grill: Fire up your grill to medium high heat. Allow it to heat up while you prepare your salmon and sauce.
- Prepare Salmon: Prepare your salmon by patting dry and placing on a parchment lined baking sheet. You can either use one whole cut of salmon or cut it into smaller filets.
- Mix Sauce Ingredients: For the firecracker sauce, in a medium mixing bowl, whisk together your buffalo sauce, brown sugar, water, apple cider vinegar, salt, and red pepper.
- Cook: Brush your salmon with a generous amount of sauce. Then grill on medium heat for about 3-5 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Serve: Use the extra sauce to drizzle over your cooked salmon. Then garnish with chopped chives and sesame seeds and serve over rice, or with your favorite summer side!
Can I Bake Firecracker Salmon Instead?
Yes! To bake the salmon, preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Once your salmon has been brushed with the sauce, bake for 12-15 minutes.
Tips and Variations
Here are a few tips to help you nail that firecracker salmon! You’re going to love it, it’s so irresistible.
- Don’t Overcook: Be careful not to overcook the salmon, or you’ll end up with a dry and sad fish. Cook it just until it’s slightly pink and flaky to keep it moist and delicious.
- Marinate: For an extra burst of flavor, marinate the salmon in the firecracker sauce for at least 30 minutes before you cook it. This allows the flavors to infuse, resulting in a more flavorful and delicious outcome.
- Add More Sauce: While grilling, brush the salmon with the firecracker sauce regularly. This basting technique adds layers of flavor and keeps the fish moist throughout the cooking process.
- Let it Rest: Once your firecracker salmon is cooked to perfection, allow it to rest for a few minutes before serving. This helps the juices redistribute, ensuring a juicy and flavorful bite every time.
I doubt you’ll have any leftovers of this incredible salmon, but just in case, here’s how to keep it fresh!
- In the Refrigerator: Store firecracker salmon in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Reheating: Pop your salmon in the oven for 10 minutes or until warmed through at 325 degrees Fahrenheit. You may want to wrap each filet in aluminum foil to help seal in the liquids.
Fire up your grill to medium high heat and allow it to heat up while you prepare your salmon and sauce.
Prepare your salmon by patting dry and placing on a parchment lined baking sheet. You can either use one whole cut of salmon or cut it into smaller filets.
For the firecracker sauce, in a medium mixing bowl, whisk together your buffalo sauce, brown sugar, water, apple cider vinegar, salt, and red pepper.
Brush your salmon with a generous amount of sauce and grill on medium heat for about 3-5 minutes or until desired doneness.
Use the extra sauce to drizzle over your cooked salmon, garnish with chopped chives and sesame seeds and serve over rice, or with your favorite summer side!
Calories597kcal (30%)Carbohydrates68g (23%)Protein46g (92%)Fat15g (23%)Saturated Fat2g (10%)Polyunsaturated Fat6gMonounsaturated Fat5gCholesterol125mg (42%)Sodium1026mg (43%)Potassium1225mg (35%)Fiber0.4g (2%)Sugar67g (74%)Vitamin A158IU (3%)Vitamin C1mg (1%)Calcium107mg (11%)Iron3mg (17%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.