This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my.
This pork seasoning is the perfect blend of delicious spices. It only takes about 5 minutes to whip up and will elevate your meals for months to come!
Homemade seasonings are so easy and delicious! I always like to keep my favorites on hand like this, this or this delicious ! They are perfect for any recipes but in the summer I especially love to use them for grilling!
Homemade Pork Seasoning Recipe
If you aren’t seasoning your pork before you cook it then you are missing the most imporatnt step! Adding in a blend of spices as a rub to your meat will make ittaste so delicious and flavorful. This pork seasoning blend is no exception! It’s a perfectly rich and deep flavor that includes onion and garlic, some cumin and chili for some extra spice and my favorite part? The brown sugar.
The brown sugar adds a deep, sweet taste so that there isn’t any heat but just a whole lot of flavor! I have always loves pork but adding this seasoning to it will really take your dish up a notch. Plus, making pork seasoning (or) from scratch is great because you know exactly what is in it. You can customize it to your liking! This mades the best pork chop seasoning so you definitely need to try it first on this delicious . You will love it!
Ingredients in Homemade Pork Seasoning
The secret about homemade seasonings is that you probably already have all of these pantry ingredients! You just need instructions on how to combine them to make a delicious seasoning (like this one!). Check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Brown Sugar: Mixing the deep, sweet flavor of brown sugar with some spices is the perfect marriage of flavor.
- Chili Powder: This won’t add much heat with this amount of chili powder. But of you like heat, add in a little bit more!
- Cumin: The sweet, earthy flavor of cumin really brings this seasoning up a notch.
- Onion Powder: The onion powder adds in a lot of flavor.
- Garlic Powder: I think that every recipe should have garlic in it!
- Dried Thyme: This brings in a clasic flavor.
- Kosher Salt and Black Pepper: The salt and pepper will enhance all of the flavors in the seasoning mix.
How to Make Homemade Seasoning
This pork seasoning recipe will take you less than 5 minutes to make and will stay good in your cupboard for months! Make sure to store it correctly (instructions below) and it will last you a while! It makes the perfect dry rub for your meat!
- Combine: Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl. Stir until all the spices are incorporated.
- Store: Store in an air-tight container or jar for up to 3 months.
How Do I Use Pork Seasoning?
This pork seasoning is my favorite way to add flavor to my meat! I use it as a rub to season pork chops, pork tenderloin, pork ribs, pork roast, pork shoulder or any pork dishes!
- Make a spice rub: Combine 3 tablespoons of seasoning with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Rub on about 1 lb of tenderloin. Allow the seasonings to sit on the pork for 20 minutes or up to 24 hours if stored in the fridge in a sealable plastic bag. This seasoning is also delicious when grilling or baking pork as well.
How to Store Homemade Seasonings
This pork seasonig, if stored properly, can last you up to a few months! Although, it’s so good that I doubt that it will last that long because you will have used it all up!
- Once you are done combining your spices, place it in an and store it in a cool, dry place. It will last about 6 months.
Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl. Stir until all the spices are incorporated.
Store in an air-tight container for up to 3 months.
To use, combine 3 tablespoons of seasoning with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Rub on about 1 lb of tenderloin. Allow the seasonings to sit on the pork for 20 minutes or up to 24 hours if stored in the fridge in a sealable plastic bag. This seasoning is also delicious when grilling or baking pork as well.
Calories308kcal (15%)Carbohydrates73g (24%)Protein4g (8%)Fat3g (5%)Saturated Fat1g (5%)Polyunsaturated Fat1gMonounsaturated Fat1gSodium4818mg (201%)Potassium521mg (15%)Fiber6g (24%)Sugar55g (61%)Vitamin A2535IU (51%)Vitamin C3mg (4%)Calcium209mg (21%)Iron9mg (50%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.