This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my.
If you are looking for a quick and easy treat for a special occasion, this Dunkaroo Dip is your new go-to! It’s a sweet dip perfect for cookies, apples, and graham crackers. It’s colorful and absolutely addicting!
I am a sucker for a good dip. Whether they are sweet or savory, I just love snacking on a yummy dip. I make them for almost every party because they are a great way to get people comfortable and a little food in their bellies. If you are looking for savory dips for your next party, I have recipes for you. You’ve got to try this, this amazing , and this warm .
Homemade Dunkaroo Dip
I think that no party is complete without a dip! Whether it’s a gameday watch party and you’re serving, or it’s a baby shower and you set out a , parties need dips! That’s why I love this dunkaroo dip so much. It’s basically a cake without all the hassle, and all the cake! My favorite part of the cake is the frosting, so this dip really delivers all of my favorite things. It’s absolutely perfect for birthdays!
You will need funfetti cake mix, that you bake in the oven before adding it to the recipe to keep it safe to eat. Add some, and sprinkles and you have an addictingly delicious dip that will be gone in minutes! You could also make this a chocolate dip by adding chocolate pudding and chocolate chips. It’s one of the best dessert dips I’ve ever had, I think you are going to love it too!
Here are the ingredients for your dunkaroo dip. You will also need things to dip into your mixture, so when you are at the store keep that in mind. Some of my favorite dippers are things like teddy grahams, pretzels, fresh fruit, and butter cookies. You can really use whatever you like best! You can find the measurements below in the recipe card.
- Funfetti Cake Mix: You will bake the cake mix for 5 minutes to make it safe to eat! A lot of people worry about eating this dip because they think it’s raw flour, but it has been cooked to make it safe to eat.
- Whipped Topping: You can buy a tub of cool whip or you can make your own homemade whipped cream.
- Vanilla Pudding or Yogurt: I like to use yogurt to add a little tangy flavor, but it’s amazing with prepared vanilla pudding too!
- Rainbow Sprinkles: You will fold sprinkles in at the end to add in extra fun!
Dunkaroo Dip Recipe
The most important step in this dunkaroo dip recipe is baking the box cake mix. This gets rid of all of the potentially harmful bacteria. You are adding dry cake mix in this dip, so since you won’t be baking it like a cake you need to pop it in the oven to make it safe. This funfetti cake batter dip is so easy from there. You just add the rest of the ingredients and mix! It’s a quick and easy cake batter dip recipe that everyone will love.
- Bake Cake Mix: Heat treat the cake mix to make it safe to eat raw by spreading it out evenly onto a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes, stirring halfway through to prevent burning. Then let it cool completely.
- Mix Ingredients: In a large bowl add the cooled cake mix, whipped topping, and vanilla pudding. Then whip with a hand mixer until fluffy and no lumps of cake mix remain.
- Add Sprinkles: Fold in the rainbow sprinkles.
- Enjoy: Serve with a variety of cookies, such as graham crackers, animal crackers, vanilla wafers.
Tips for Making Dunkaroo Dip
This popular snack from the 90s is making a strong comeback! There is every reason to make this dunkaroo dip for your next birthday party. I know it was one of my favorite childhood snacks. Here are some tips to make this dip even more fun.
- Make It Gluten Free: If you are serving this dip to guests with a gluten sensitivity, you can make it gluten free by buying a gluten free cake mix. They have a lot of options these days, and you should be able to find a funfetti gluten free cake mix. If not, there are definitely yellow cake mixes that are gluten free that will taste just as great. Make sure to offer gluten free dippers like fresh fruit!
- Bake Your Own Dunking Cookies: If you are into making things yourself, baking your own dunking cookies can take this funfetti dip to the next level. I love making and classic . You could really dip any kind of cookie in this dip because it really tastes like an amazing frosting. It goes great with so many flavors!
- Type of Sprinkles: Avoid using nonpareil sprinkles as they have a tendency to bleed color resulting in an unappetizing gray color. Aside from that, you can get creative with the types of sprinkles you add.
I love this simple dunkaroo dip because it’s great for making ahead and it stores really well. So here are my tips for keeping your dip fresh and flavorful.
- In the Refrigerator: This dip can be made in advance and stored in the fridge in an for up to 4 days. It is best to give the dip a good stir before serving if it has been chilled.
Heat treat the cake mix to make it safe to eat raw by spreading it out evenly onto a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes, stirring halfway through to prevent burning. Let it cool completely.
In a large bowl add the cooled cake mix, whipped topping, and vanilla pudding. Whip with a hand mixer until fluffy and no lumps of cake mix remain.
Fold in the rainbow sprinkles.
Serve with a variety of cookies, such as graham crackers, animal crackers, vanilla wafers.
Calories780kcal (39%)Carbohydrates154g (51%)Protein6g (12%)Fat16g (25%)Saturated Fat6g (30%)Polyunsaturated Fat0.3gMonounsaturated Fat1gCholesterol14mg (5%)Sodium1024mg (43%)Potassium93mg (3%)Fiber4g (16%)Sugar104g (116%)Vitamin A149IU (3%)Calcium150mg (15%)Iron2mg (11%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.