This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my.
Cucumber avocado salad is the ultimate combination of creamy and crisp, tossed in a mouthwatering dressing made of lime juice, olive oil, and garlic! It’s light, flavorful, and perfect for serving alongside all of your favorite summer meals.
Salads are great year round, but they’re especially nice in the summer. With how hot it’s been in Utah, I find myself craving fresh veggies in a light and tasty dressing all the time. After you make this cucumber avocado salad, try this, , or !
Cucumber and Avocado Salad
Don’t get me wrong, I love a good, but sometimes I find myself only going for the pieces of avocado and cucumber. Because of this, I decided to make a salad that’s a pared back version using only these 2 ingredients and a light and tasty vinaigrette. This is the salad of the summer.
If you’re not typically a fan of salads, this is a great place to start. None of the flavors are overpowering and the cucumber and avocado have the perfect texture. And this dressing? It’s so simple but tastes heavenly. It’s a mix of lime juice, olive oil and garlic, so it’s a little savory, a little tart, and coats the veggies perfectly! I’ve also added cilantro and chopped red onion to the mix for a little extra flavor and texture, but what you add is up to you! I know you’ll love this avocado cucumber salad recipe as much as I do.
Ingredients for the Salad and Dressing
Get ready to indulge in a fresh and vibrant summer salad bursting with flavors! This cucumber avocado salad is a delightful combination of crunchy English cucumbers, creamy avocado chunks, zesty red onion, and refreshing cilantro, all dressed with a tangy lime and garlic dressing. See the recipe card below for exact measurements.
- : These are special cucumbers without many seeds and with thin skin. They’re crunchy and juicy, perfect for salads. Just slice them up for a nice crunch.
- Avocados: These are the creamy and smooth green fruits that taste so good! Cut them into chunks for a velvety texture in the salad.
- Red Onion: It’s the purple onion with a strong flavor. Dice it up for some extra zing and color in the cucumber avocado salad. If you don’t have red onion, you can also use white or yellow onion as a substitute.
- Cilantro: Adds a fresh and tangy taste. Chop it up and add it to the cucumber avocado salad for a burst of flavor. If you don’t like cilantro, you can use herbs like parsley or basil instead.
Ingredients for the Dressing:
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil: It’s a healthy oil that adds richness to the dressing. It also helps to coat each veggie perfectly.
- Lime Juice: Adds a tangy and refreshing flavor. Squeeze it into the dressing for a zesty kick. If you don’t have limes, you can also use lemons instead.
- Garlic: Minced garlic adds a savory taste to the dressing. If you don’t have fresh garlic, you can use garlic powder or skip it altogether.
- Salt and Pepper: Sprinkle some salt and pepper into the dressing for a well-rounded taste. You can adjust the amount to your liking.
Use Fresh Lemon Juice
Using fresh lemon juice in salad dressings is better than bottled lemon juice because it brings a livelier and more vibrant flavor. Bottled lemon juice can sometimes taste a bit boring or artificial. When you squeeze fresh lemons, you get that natural tanginess and freshness that make the dressing taste zesty and exciting.
Let’s Make Some Salad!
Not only does cucumber avocado salad use simple ingredients, but it’s pretty easy to whip up. Simply prepare your veggies and 3-ingredient dressing, then toss everything together! After that it’s ready to take on the go for all of your summer barbecues and potlucks.
- Cut Veggies: In a large bowl, combine sliced cucumbers, avocado, diced red onion, and chopped cilantro. I like to slice the cucumber leaving the skin on!
- Prepare Dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, and minced garlic.
- Toss: Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients and toss together.
- Season and Serve: Season to taste with salt and pepper and enjoy!
How to Keep Your Avocados From Turning Brown
If you’re taking your cucumber avocado salad on the go or just want it to stay fresher longer, add an extra splash of lime or lemon juice. Because of the citric acid content, they’ll keep your avocado pieces from oxidizing as quickly and turning brown.
Other Things to Add to Your Cucumber Avocado Salad
In addition to the crisp cucumbers and creamy avocado pieces, try adding Roma tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, feta cheese crumbles, grilled orfor some protein, and other herbs like basil, parsley, or fresh dill!
Storing Leftover Cucumber Avocado Salad
Because avocado deteriorates pretty quickly, this salad is best served fresh or stored in the fridge for up to 24 hours. To help keep it fresh, store in an airtight container or wrapped in plastic wrap.
Pin this now to find it later
In a large bowl, combine sliced cucumbers, avocado, diced red onion, and chopped cilantro. I like to slice the cucumber leaving the skin on!
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, and minced garlic.
Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients and toss together.
Season to taste with salt and pepper and enjoy!
Serving: 1cupCalories: 243kcalCarbohydrates: 14gProtein: 3gFat: 22gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 15gSodium: 10mgPotassium: 660mgFiber: 7gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 316IUVitamin C: 16mgCalcium: 32mgIron: 1mg
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.