Calling all mushroom lovers! These creamy garlic parmesan mushrooms are waiting for you! Sautéed in garlic butter until tender and then tossed in the most AMAZING creamy parmesan sauce, these easy mushrooms will be off the plate and in your mouth in less than 10 minutes!
Mushroom dishes are perfect for any dinner and occasion. Try out this chicken and mushroom dish, this fantastic mushroom risotto, and this mushroom soup. They will knock your socks off!
A Reader’s Review
I make a quadruple batch of these for every party I go to and they’re ALWAYS a hit with people begging for the recipe! Delicious!
Creamy Garlic Parmesan Mushrooms
Believe it or not, mushrooms were once on my do not make list. They aren’t my favorite, and I never knew how to cook them up and make them delicious. Until I found out that mushrooms taste incredible if sautéed in a creamy sauce. So that’s where this recipe came in! These mushrooms have made me a little obsessed. You can use them on the side or cook this up as a meal for lunch. Trust me; you will be so happy that you did!
It begins with sautéing them in butter and fresh minced garlic until tender. But then bring on the heavy cream and turn this dish into something fantastic! The heavy cream, parmesan, garlic, and cream cheese… Well, they are the best mushrooms that you will ever eat! Not only are they delicious, but they go with just about everything. Cook them up with some pork chops, some simple and easy rolls,and a quick salad and you will have a meal for the books!
Ingredients You Need to Make Creamy Garlic Parmesan Mushrooms
If you are looking for a delicious mushroom recipe, you need to look no further; this is it! It’s easy, simple, and tastes divine! See the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Butter: Unsalted butter is what I used in this recipe.
- Olive Oil: This will be used to cook the mushrooms in.
- White Mushrooms: You can keep these whole or you can slice them up. Whichever you prefer.
- Garlic Cloves: If you don’t have fresh garlic cloves on hand then you can use minced garlic. ½ teaspoon equals about 1 clove of garlic.
- Heavy Cream: You want that creamy mushroom then douse them in this delicious stuff!
- Parmesan Cheese: If you can use freshly grated parmesan intead of pre-packaged, it will melt better into the sauce.
- Cream Cheese: Soften your cream cheese to room temperature before cooking so that it mixes well with the other ingredients.
- Italian Seasoning: You can use store bought Italian seasoning or, go ahead and try making this Homemade Italian Seasoning. It’s super easy and great to have on hand!
- Salt and Pepper: These are used to add in some flavor and enhance all of the other ingredients.
- Fresh Parsley: This will be used as a garnish on top!
How to Make Simple and Creamy Mushrooms
I am not kidding when I tell you that these mushrooms take less than 10 minutes to make! Once you make them, everyone at your dinner table is going to consider themselves very lucky!
- Saute Mushrooms: In a medium sized skillet over medium high heat add the butter and olive oil. Then, add the mushrooms and garlic and saute until tender.
- Stir in sauce: Add the heavy cream, parmesan cheese, cream cheese, italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir with the mushrooms and heat until the sauce is bubbly and smooth.
- Garnish and serve: Garnish with fresh parsley and then serve immediately.
These mushrooms can be used as a side, or you can dress them up by adding them to other main dishes and really elevating your meal! Here are a few ideas:
- Protein: These mushrooms taste fantastic on top of chicken, pork shops or steak. Adding them to some protien takes these from side dish to main dish that everyone will love!
- Pasta: Who never liked a pasta with some veggies and a creamy sauce? Add these delicious mushrooms to some fettucine, linguine or really any pasta that you love.
- Bread: A hard crust bread tastes AMAZING with these creamy garlic parmesan mushrooms! Try putting these mushrooms on this French Baguette or Crostini!
How to Store Leftover Mushrooms
Call yourself lucky if you have any extra of these creamy garlic parmesan mushrooms leftover! And don’t worry, you can easily store them to eat tomorrow.
- In the Refrigerator: Once your mushrooms have cooled the you can place them in an airtight container. Put it in your fridge and they will last 3-4 days.
- To Reheat: To reheat your mushrooms, put them in a saucepan on the stove and heat them on low until they are warmed through.
In a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat add the butter and olive oil. Add the mushrooms and garlic and saute until tender.
Add the heavy cream, parmesan cheese, cream cheese, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Stir with the mushrooms and heat until the sauce is bubbly and smooth.
Serve immediately and garnish with fresh parsley.
Originally Posted on August 30, 2016
Calories276kcal (14%)Carbohydrates4g (1%)Protein6g (12%)Fat27g (42%)Saturated Fat15g (75%)Cholesterol77mg (26%)Sodium496mg (21%)Potassium222mg (6%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar2g (2%)Vitamin A857IU (17%)Vitamin C2mg (2%)Calcium113mg (11%)Iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.