This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my.
If you are searching for a quick, easy, and delicious on-the-go breakfast, then these Starbucks egg bites are for you! They are simple to whip up and are easy to store in the fridge for the week to keep your body fueled until lunch.
I don’t know about you but I just crave eggs for breakfast! Maybe because I’ve had chickens in the past and loved using up their eggs. Either way, I just think they are a great way to start the day. If you want more than just eggs for breakfast, you’ve got to try these delicious and fluffy, these amazing , and this easy .
Copycat Starbucks Egg Bites
If you have ever run to Starbucks for your morning coffee, you’ve probably tried one of their egg bites. And they are really good right? Well, this copycat recipe is even better! It’s basically a combination of myand a yummy . They are super quick and easy to make too, and are WAY more than just . So what makes them so good?
In my opinion, it’s the cottage cheese and Gruyere cheese! The cottage cheese gets mixed into the eggs until it’s silky smooth, and the gruyere adds a salty nutty flavor that you will go crazy for. The best part about these breakfast bites is you can make them on Sunday night and have a yummy breakfast ready for your whole week! Yay for meal planning!
I personally prefer this recipe to the Starbucks version now. These are SO good, and you can customize them however you like. I love adding spinach to mine, and switching up the type of meat. I share more tips on how to make this recipe your own below in the tip box. You can find the measurements in the recipe card.
- Eggs: You will need 8 eggs for this recipe. I always use large grade A eggs in my recipes.
- Cottage Cheese: Adds body and so much flavor to this recipe! You can use cream cheese instead, more about that in the tip box below.
- Salt and Pepper: I like freshly cracked black pepper and salt to add a little more flavor.
- Gruyère Cheese: This is what makes this soooo delicious! It’s rich and nutty and perfectly salty to liven up this copycat Starbucks egg bites recipe.
- Bacon: Who doesn’t love bacon with their eggs?! If for some reason you don’t, you can add sausage or another protein instead.
Starbucks Egg Bites Recipe
These egg bites are super easy to make! If you can make scrambled eggs, you can definitely make these bites. Justmake sure you have a muffin baking dish on hand. Then you mix the batter, add your cheese and bacon, and bake! It is so simple and a perfect breakfast for a meal on the go.
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 300 degrees fahrenheit with the rack placed in the center of the oven. Place a second rack just beneath it and add an empty baking sheet. Add water to the empty baking sheet to create steam. Spray a muffin pan well with cooking spray and set aside.
- Make Egg Mixture: Add the eggs, cottage cheese, salt and pepper to a blender and blend for 15-20 seconds.
- Add Cheese: Transfer to a bowl and stir in the shredded cheese. Use a ladle or a measuring cup to scoop the egg mixture into the wells of the muffin tin, filling them no more than ⅔ of the way full. Try to disperse the cheese evenly throughout the muffin wells.
- Add Bacon: Sprinkle the chopped bacon evenly over the tops of the egg mixture.
- Bake: With the muffin tin on the middle rack, bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the center of the egg bites is set. Remove from the oven and let cool before removing from the pan.
Tips for Making Starbucks Egg Bites
I love these egg bites from Starbucks, but now I love my homemade version even more! I love that I know they are made with whole eggs and high-quality ingredients. Here are a few ways to make this recipe your own!
- Don’t Over Mix: Don’t over blend! You want the mixture to be smooth and frothy, but over-blending will incorporate too much air and your egg bites may end up falling as they bake.
- Cottage Cheese Replacement: If you don’t like cottage cheese or just want to switch things up, you can use five ounces of cream cheese instead. It’s just as delicious and makes them so smooth and silky!
- Switch Up the Recipe: Make this recipe your own by switching out the gruyere cheese for cheddar, pepper jack, swiss cheese, or Monterey jack cheeses, or feta! Saute some onions and peppers to mix in, or add chopped ham and chives. You can add whatever you think would be yummy! Other ideas are green peppers, red bell pepper (or roasted red pepper), tomatoes, green onion, and mushrooms.
This is one of my favorite egg recipes because it stores easy and tastes great reheated. Here are my tips for storing and reheating your leftovers.
- In the Refrigerator: Store leftover Starbucks egg bites in an in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave for 30-50 seconds.
- In the Freezer: Egg bites can be frozen by placing baked egg bites on a parchment-lined baking sheet and placing in the freezer until frozen solid. Then transfer to an airtight freezer bag. Freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw in the fridge, or thaw in the microwave by heating in 30 second intervals at 50% power until warmed through.
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees fahrenheit with the rack placed in the center of the oven. Place a second rack just beneath it and add an empty baking sheet. Add water to the empty baking sheet to create steam. Spray a muffin pan well with cooking spray and set aside.
Add the eggs, cottage cheese, salt and pepper to a blender and blend for 15-20 seconds.
Transfer to a bowl and stir in the shredded cheese. Use a ladle or a measuring cup to scoop the egg mixture into the wells of the muffin tin, filling them no more than ⅔ of the way full. Try to disperse the cheese evenly throughout the muffin wells.
Sprinkle the chopped bacon evenly over the tops of the egg mixture.
With the muffin tin on the middle rack, bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the center of the egg bites is set. Remove from the oven and let cool before removing from the pan.
Calories138kcal (7%)Carbohydrates1gProtein11g (22%)Fat10g (15%)Saturated Fat5g (25%)Polyunsaturated Fat1gMonounsaturated Fat3gTrans Fat0.02gCholesterol133mg (44%)Sodium301mg (13%)Potassium86mg (2%)Fiber0.1gSugar0.5g (1%)Vitamin A334IU (7%)Calcium194mg (19%)Iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.