Light and fresh, this Caprese flatbread is the perfect appetizer for any Italian-inspired meal! It’s topped with melty mozzarella, fresh herbs and veggies, and topped off with a mouthwatering balsamic glaze!
The simple but delicious flavor combination of Caprese is one of my favorites. If you’re a fan like me, this Caprese pasta salad, baked Caprese chicken, or Caprese skewers need to be added to your dinner lineup.
Caprese Flatbread With Balsamic Drizzle
Caprese dishes are the best. The melty goodness of mozzarella, sweet acidity of tomato, and tangy balsamic glaze is the ultimate flavor combination. I’ve got quite a few Caprese dishes on the blog to date (with this classic Caprese salad and Caprese casserole being some of my all-time favorites!) but this amazing Caprese flatbread recipe is quickly rising to the top! It’s easy to see why! It’s simple but such a crowd-pleaser. Everyone will want a slice.
Really, I love this Caprese flatbread recipe because it only takes a few minutes to prepare. All it needs is a drizzle of balsamic glaze once it comes out of the oven and then it’s ready to serve! It looks just as good as it tastes. It’s going to fly off the table at your next get-together! You won’t be able to resist a piece of cheesy, flavorful goodness.
Ingredients You’ll Need
The essential components of a Caprese dish are tomatoes, mozzarella, fresh basil, and balsamic vinegar for drizzling on top. Because this recipe is so simple, it’s important to use the highest quality ingredients you can! This will take the flavor of your flatbread to the next level. Measurements for each ingredient can be found below in the recipe card.
- Flatbread: I used store-bought for easy prep!
- Olive Oil: Brush this on top of your flatbread to soften it up and add extra flavor.
- Minced Garlic: Adds a delicious layer of savory flavor.
- Mozzarella Cheese: A must-add for that classic Caprese flavor! You can use slice your mozzarella or tear it into pieces.
- Cherry Tomatoes: Add delicious sweetness and acidity.
- Italian Seasoning: This is my favorite blend of herbs! It adds the best flavor. You can buy this premade or make your own batch using my recipe here.
- Salt and Pepper: Sprinkle both on top to enhance the overall flavor of your Caprese flatbread.
- Fresh Basil Leaves: Add bright, minty flavor throughout this dish.
- Balsamic Glaze: A drizzle of balsamic vinegar brings all of the flavors together!
How to Make Caprese Flatbread
Making this delicious Caprese flatbread only requires a few simple steps of layering, then it’s off to the oven! It only takes 15 minutes from start to finish! It’s one of my favorite recipes to whip up last minute for summer potlucks.
- Preheat Oven: First, preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prep Pan: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and place the flatbread on the prepared pan.
- Brush on Olive Oil: Brush the olive oil on the flatbread. Make sure to cover the entire flatbread by brushing the olive oil all the way out to the edges.
- Add Minced Garlic: Evenly spread minced garlic over the olive oil.
- Layer With Mozzarella: Next, top the flatbread with fresh mozzarella that has been torn or sliced.
- Top With Tomatoes: Layer on the halved grape tomatoes, and sprinkle on the Italian seasonings.
- Bake: Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the edges of the crust start to get dark golden brown.
- Broil: Feel free to broil for 1-2 minutes additional minutes if you want to crisp up the flatbread. Just be careful to watch it closely.
- Add Basil and Seasonings: Top the pizza with fresh basil. Season with salt and pepper, and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Enjoy!
Tips and Variations
There are a lot of ways to switch up this quick and easy recipe, but here are a few of my favorites!
- Balsamic Reduction: If you want your glaze to be a little thicker than balsamic vinegar, try making a balsamic reduction! All you have to do is simmer balsamic vinegar in a saucepan until excess liquid evaporates and it thickens.
- Switch Out Crust: Instead of using store-bought flatbread, you can also use naan or pizza dough that has been rolled thin and cooked.
- Add Pesto: For extra flavor, try spreading some pesto over your flatbread before adding the rest of your toppings! It’s earthy and delicious.
Flatbread pizzas make the best leftovers! It’s the perfect thing to heat up for lunch. Here’s how to keep your Caprese flatbread tasting fresh and delicious for as long as possible.
- In the Refrigerator: Store leftover flatbread in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Reheating: To keep the crust crispy, I like to warm leftover Caprese flatbread in the oven for about 10 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and place the flatbread on the prepared pan.
Brush the olive oil on the flatbread. Make sure to cover the entire flatbread by brushing the olive oil all the way out to the edges.
Evenly spread minced garlic over the olive oil.
Next, top the flatbread with fresh mozzarella that has been torn or sliced.
Layer on the halved grape tomatoes, and sprinkle on the Italian seasonings.
Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the edges of the crust start to get dark golden brown.
Feel free to broil for 1-2 minutes additional minutes if you want to crisp up the flatbread. Just be careful to watch it closely.
Top the pizza with fresh basil. Season with salt and pepper, and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Enjoy!
Calories153kcal (8%)Carbohydrates9g (3%)Protein7g (14%)Fat10g (15%)Saturated Fat4g (20%)Polyunsaturated Fat1gMonounsaturated Fat4gCholesterol22mg (7%)Sodium234mg (10%)Potassium83mg (2%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar1g (1%)Vitamin A291IU (6%)Vitamin C4mg (5%)Calcium163mg (16%)Iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.