This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my.
These delicious breakfast tacos are tortillas layered with potatoes, crispy bacon, soft scrambled eggs, and all the delicious toppings that you can think of! Filling and flavorful these tacos are the BEST way to start the day.
These are perfect for our large family because they’re so filling and it’s easy to adjust the recipe up or down to make the amount needed. For a few of my family’s other favorite breakfast meals try these, these delicious or this amazing .
The Best Breakfast Tacos
I had a friend in Texas show me just how popular breakfast tacos can be! When visiting Texas, there are two things people want to get their hands on. Smoked Brisket. And some breakfast tacos. The best breakfast tacos are the simplest. Warm tortillas filled with soft scrambled eggs, crisp bacon and potatoes are my favorite. Then the toppings take things over the top. Tons of cilantro, fresh tomatoes, someand lots of cheese.
Another thing that my family loves to add to these tacos is so protein! Throw in someto go with that and these end up being so filling. We love all kinds of tacos at our house because they can satisfy even the pickiest of eaters. You can add as many or as few toppings as you want and make them perfect for you! Make some of this stuff ahead of time and your family will be all set for breakfast all week!
What Ingredients are in Breakfast Tacos?
These ingredients can be sweapped out but I think to make a staple breakfast taco, you at least need some eggs, potatos, protein and don’t forget the tortilla of course! Check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Olive Oil: This is used to cook the potatoes. You can use vegetable or canola oil as well.
- Russet Potatoes: These are my favorite types of potatoes to use for breakfast foods.
- Paprika: I LOVE using this spice in this recipe. It adds a unique and delicious taste.
- Eggs: I always try and use large eggs when I cook.
- Milk: I used 1 percent milk in this recipe but feel free to use whatever you have on hand.
- Salt and Black Pepper: These are for seasoning the eggs!
- Bacon: Cook the bacon up beforehand. I love extra crispy bacon in my tacos because the added texture is perfect!
- Tortillas: I use because they are more flexible.
- Toppings: Cheddar cheese, grape tomatoes (sliced), cilantro and .
Let’s Make Some Tacos!
These breakfast tacos are super simple to put together. You just cook all the individual parts and then they all come together easily with little fuss or prep needed.
- Cook the potatoes: Heat a large skillet with the olive oil over medium heat. Add in the diced potato, add the salt and paprika. Stir to combine. Allow to cook for about 8-10 minutes (stirring only a few times to prevent sticking but allowing them to get crisp) until the potatoes are softened and slightly crispy on the outside. Remove the potatoes to a plate and then set them aside.
- Add the bacon: In the same skillet add the bacon and allow to cook for about 5-7 minutes until crispy. Then, remove to a plate and dry with paper towels. Cut slices in half.
- Beat eggs: In a medium size bowl the eggs with the milk and then mix in the salt and pepper.
- Cook eggs: Spray a small skillet with non-stick spray. Pour in the egg mixture. Stir occasionally while the eggs cook to scramble them.
- Assemble: Layer the tortillas with the breakfast potatoes, bacon and scrambled eggs. Top with any additional toppings. Serve warm and enjoy.
Save yourself some time and effort with these quick tips to making breakfast tacos. They are especially helpful if you are in a time crunch!
- Can I use frozen potatoes? Yes! To save time with the potatoes pre-cut and frozen potatoes work well. You can even use frozen hashbrowns if you have those on hand.
- Heat the tortillas: Make sure the tortillas are heated! Flour tortillas are best for breakfast tacos because they are really flexible BUT you can use for a gluten free option as well. Just spray a large pan with non stick spray and toss the tortillas in and let them heat and crisp prior to adding the filling.
Can I Make Breakfast Tacos Ahead of Time?
Yes! You can make the filling (eggs, potatoes, etc) ahead of time and store it in the fridge. It will lasy about 3 days. When you are ready to eat, then warm up the filling, add it to a tortilla and enjoy!
Heat a large skillet with the olive oil over medium heat. Add in the diced potato, add the salt and paprika. Stir to combine. Allow to cook for about 8-10 minutes (stirring only a few times to prevent sticking but allowing them to get crisp) until the potatoes are softened and slightly crispy on the outside. Remove the potatoes to a plate and set aside.
In the same skillet add the bacon and allow to cook for about 5-7 minutes until crispy. Remove to a plate and dry with paper towels. Cut slices in half.
In a medium size bowl beat the eggs with the milk and mix in the salt and pepper.
Spray a small skillet with non-stick spray. Pour in the egg mixture. Stir occasionally while the eggs cook to scramble them.
Layer the tortillas with the breakfast potatoes, bacon and scrambled eggs. Top with any additional toppings. Serve warm and enjoy.
Updated on May 26, 2022
Calories372kcal (19%)Carbohydrates29g (10%)Protein13g (26%)Fat23g (35%)Saturated Fat6g (30%)Polyunsaturated Fat4gMonounsaturated Fat11gTrans Fat1gCholesterol179mg (60%)Sodium726mg (30%)Potassium470mg (13%)Fiber2g (8%)Sugar2g (2%)Vitamin A337IU (7%)Vitamin C4mg (5%)Calcium87mg (9%)Iron3mg (17%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.