This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my.
Get ready to level up your summer barbecues, because this BBQ salmon is simply the best! It’s cooked to smoky, tender perfection and topped with homemade barbecue sauce that will leave your mouth watering.
I LOVE salmon. There are so many ways to prepare it, but one of my favorites is to throw it on the grill! And with grilling season in full force, now is the time to try out some new recipes! A few ideas:, , or this !
BBQ Sauce Salmon
This is a simple salmon recipe that will have you coming back all summer long. This BBQ salmon cooks up to charred, tender perfection and is coated with an easy. Trust me, this combo will have you licking your plate. It’s so good!
This salmon only takes 10 (yes, 10!) minutes to grill up, so it’s perfect if you want dinner in a snap or you’re short on time! Throw it on the grill with someand you have the perfect summer dinner on your hands. For more great grilling recipes, check out this roundup !
If you already have some salmon filets and barbecue sauce on hand, then you can jump straight to cooking! But here’s what I used to make this amazing dish:
- Salmon Filets: I used all 6-ounce salmon filets so they would cook at the same rate. If you use different sized filets, you may need to adjust the cooking time by a minute or two.
- : If you have some leftover BBQ sauce on hand, great! Use it up for this delicious salmon! If not, feel free to pick up a bottle of your favorite sauce or make your own blend from scratch. Homemade barbecue sauce really is a game-changer and I love it because you can customize the flavor to your liking. Check out my full recipe .
Can I Use Frozen Salmon?
Yes! It’s perfectly safe to throw frozen salmon on the grill, no thawing required. Especially with fresh salmon being as expensive as it is, frozen salmon is a great option. Just keep in mind that you may need to add on a few extra minutes of cook time.
How to Make the Best BBQ Salmon
Whether you’re new to grilling or a cookout veteran, this is the perfect recipe for you! You’ll end up with saucy, tender salmon with minimal time and effort.
- Prep Grill: Prepare your grill by heating it to 450-500 degrees Fahrenheit. You will be grilling the salmon directly on the grill, so be sure to scrub your grill grates clean.
- Coat With BBQ Sauce: 1 tablespoon of BBQ sauce on each salmon filet.
- Grill: Once your grill is up to temperature, place each filet, skin side down on the grates. Close the grill and cook them for 2-4 minutes.
- Flip: Flip the salmon meat side down for 1 minute to get the grill marks on the filet.
- Rest: Remove the BBQ salmon from the grill and place on a plate. Allow them to rest for at least 2 minutes to finish cooking.
- Add Additional Sauce and Serve: Brush additional BBQ sauce on each filet before serving. Serve with .
Tips for Cooking Salmon
These are a few of my favorite tips to ensure your BBQ salmon turns out perfectly. If you’re anything like me, you’ll want to make this flavorful fish all summer!
- Skin-Side Down: Be sure to cook your salmon with the skin side down first. The skin acts as a natural barrier to let the salmon cook through without burning.
- Only Char for a Minute: By the time you flip your salmon, it will already be cooked through. You only want to cook the meat side down for a minute to get a little extra smoky flavor. Don’t let those filets burn!
- Don’t Overcook: Your BBQ salmon will continue to cook for a minute or two after you pull it off the grill, so don’t overcook it! This resting time also allows all of the tasty juices to absorb, leaving you with more tender salmon.
Once you have your grill fired up, make the most of it and throw on some fresh veggies as well! I love to grill vegetables. Not only does it add that smoky flavor that we all love, but enhances their amazing natural flavors. All of these recipes pair perfectly with BBQ salmon, you’ll have to try one out!
How Long Does BBQ Salmon Last?
As long as you store it properly, you’ll be able to enjoy your barbecue salmon for a few days after you’ve made it. Here’s how to keep it fresh:
- In the Refrigerator: Store salmon filets in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- To Reheat: I like to heat up my BBQ salmon in the oven for about 10 minutes at 300 degrees Fahrenheit. This will help keep the outside crispy but the inside tender and flaky!
Prepare your grill by heating it to 450-500 degrees Fahrenheit. You will be grilling the salmon directly on the grill, so be sure to scrub your grill grates clean.
Brush 1 tablespoon of BBQ sauce on each salmon filet.
Once your grill is up to temperature, place each filet, skin side down on the grates. Close the grill and cook them for 2-4 minutes.
Flip the salmon meat side down for 1 minute to get the grill marks on the filet.
Remove the filets from the grill and place them on a plate. Allow them to rest for at least 2 minutes to finish cooking.
Brush additional BBQ sauce on each filet before serving. Serve with grilled vegetables.
Serving1filetCalories162kcal (8%)Carbohydrates15g (5%)Protein14g (28%)Fat5g (8%)Saturated Fat1g (5%)Polyunsaturated Fat2gMonounsaturated Fat2gCholesterol39mg (13%)Sodium399mg (17%)Potassium430mg (12%)Fiber0.3g (1%)Sugar12g (13%)Vitamin A108IU (2%)Vitamin C0.2mgCalcium20mg (2%)Iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.