This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my.
Crispy-baked avocado fries are coated in seasoning and a crunchy garlic panko crust and then baked to crispy perfection! These are so delicious and easy to make that you will want to pair them with every meal!
I loved these crispy baked avocado fries. In fact, cooking up veggies this way is a family favorite! Try these, these or this delicious !
What is Baked Avocado Fries?
I was at a conference with a friend in Chicago, and we spotted avocado fries on the menu. Baked avocado fries!? I love everything that has to do with avocado and couldn’t wait to try these out for myself. These had a crispy coating on the outside, and the inside was still rich and creamy. Then you take them over the top and dip them in a. They make a great appetizer or are the perfect side to your next meal!
Not only are avocado fries more unique than regular French fries, but they are also much healthier too! And I can’t resist avocado or, so this recipe combines the best of both worlds! Try these out with a , and you will soon be making these all the time at the request of your family!
Ingredients in Baked Avocado Fries
Lucky for you, this recipe is so simple and only requires a few ingredients. But don’t let this short ingredients list fool you. These sure pack a punch when it comes to delicious flavor! Check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Avocados: If they are slightly firm, they will hold up better for this recipe!
- Eggs: I always like to use large eggs whenever I am cooking in the kitchen.
- Flour: All-purpose flour works great in this recipe!
- Panko Breadcrumbs: I LOVE the texture that panko breadcrumbs add to the creamy avocado. It’s such a stark contrast!
- : You can use store-bought seasoning or make some with at home!
- Garlic Powder: This brings in that delicious garlic flavor that goes so well with the other seasonings.
- Salt: The salt will enhance all of the flavors in these baked avocado fries.
How to Make Baked Avocado Fries
You start by taking out the pit of the avocado and then cutting your avocado into fries. Cut the avocado slices in half and half again and make them the exact thickness that you want your fries to be. You’re going to go crazy over this delicious snack!
- Prep and dredge: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a and set it aside. Slice the avocados in half lengthwise and then cut into wedges. In a shallow dish, add the eggs. In another bowl add the flour, and in the last dish, add the panko, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and salt.
- Dip: Dip the avocado into the flour, then the egg, and lastly in the panko. Lay onto your greased baking sheet.
- Cook: Spray the avocado with cooking spray and bake for 12-14 minutes until crispy. Serve with honey chipotle dip if desired.
The Keys to Crispy Fries
If you want these baked avocado fries to have the best texture (crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside) then follow these tips!
- Underripe Avocados: This is a great way to be able to use up underripe avocados. They aren’t too delicate for fry making and hold up while you are dredging them in the flour, egg, and panko mixture. Even though these are a little hard and underripe, they are able to soften in the oven while baking. They come out of the oven tender and creamy and have such amazing overall flavor!
- Cooking Spray: Spray the panko with cooking spray after you coat the avocado. This will help to give the avocado fries a crispy brown coating.
- Don’t forget to flip! Flip the fries halfway through. This gets all sides to be brown and crisp.
Fries are only as good as the sauce that you dip them in, right? Well, these baked avocado fries are actually amazingly delicious all by themselves but… I can’t resist a good sauce! Here are some ideas to try!
- Creamy Honey Chipotle Dip
- Chipotle Ketchup
- Cilantro Lime Ranch
- Spicy Mayo
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet and set it aside. Slice the avocados in half lengthwise and then cut into wedges. In a shallow dish, add the eggs. In another dish, add the flour, and in the last dish, adds the panko, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and salt.
Dip the avocado into the flour, then the egg, and lastly in the panko. Lay onto your greased baking sheet.
Spray the avocado with cooking spray and bake for 12-14 minutes until crispy. Serve with honey chipotle dip if desired.
Updated on August 9, 2022
Calories91kcal (5%)Carbohydrates9g (3%)Protein2g (4%)Fat6g (9%)Saturated Fat1g (5%)Polyunsaturated Fat1gMonounsaturated Fat4gTrans Fat0.002gCholesterol20mg (7%)Sodium126mg (5%)Potassium185mg (5%)Fiber3g (12%)Sugar0.4gVitamin A82IU (2%)Vitamin C3mg (4%)Calcium16mg (2%)Iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.