This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my.
Cauliflower tots are healthy and delicious! Baked to absolute perfection, these tots are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Everyone will love them so much that they will fly off the table!
These can be dipped in so many different things! In fact, try them out in this, this delicious , or this amazing You can’t go wrong with dipping these in any of them!
I LOVE. They are the perfect size and taste but they aren’t exactly the healthiest. These cauliflower tots not only give them a run for their money but they are made from a vegetable and they are BAKED instead of fried! They are already winning! Cauliflower tots have the same texture and consistency as a tater tot. They are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. But what sets these apart is the flavor!!
Using different cheeses, onions, garlic, and some salt and pepper, these cauliflower tots have the most incredible taste!! The flavor is fantastic and it makes it so that you can easily dip them in just about anything. These make a fantastic side dish to anyor ! Or, you could use them as an appetizer at a party! Whip them up and make a few extra for yourself to snack on. You’ll be so glad that you did!
Ingredients You Need to Make Cauliflower Tots
As long as you have some cauliflower, you’ll probably already have most of these ingredients in your kitchen! They are simple yet insanely delicious! See the recipe card below for a list of exact ingredient measurements.
- Riced cauliflower: If you are using regular cauliflower instead, follow the instructions on the recipe card on how to prepare it!
- Egg: This will bind all of your ingredients together so that you can form it into a tater tot shape!
- Cheddar cheese: You can shred it from a block or use pre-shredded cheese!
- Parmesan Cheese: This adds in a depth of flavor when it’s mixed with the cheddar cheese.
- Flour: I used all purpose flour in this recipe.
- Onion: Grate the onion up so that the pieces are nice and thin.
- Garlic clove: If you don’t have any fresh cloves on hand, you can use minced garlic from your fridge instead! ½ tsp equals one clove of garlic.
- Salt and pepper: These seasonings will enhance the flavors of the other ingredients.
Let’s Get Baking!
These cauliflower tots take just over an hour including baking time! Double up the recipe and freeze some for later! You can see my leftover tips below on how to do this!
- Preheat and spray: Preheat the oven to 400° and spray a baking sheet well with pan spray.`
- Prepare cauliflower: If using frozen riced cauliflower, prepare it according to the package and let cool until it is cool enough to handle. If using fresh cauliflower, prepare a pot of boiling water. Cut the cauliflower into florets and place in a steamer basket over the boiling water. Cover and steam for 5 minutes until the florets are fork tender. Once cooked, place the steamed florets in a food processor and pulse for 10-15 seconds until you get a nice riced consistency.
- Mix the ingredients: Transfer the riced cauliflower to cheesecloth or paper towels and squeeze to remove as much liquid as possible. Measure out 4 cups of cauliflower and add to a large bowl. Add the egg, both cheeses, flour, onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix together and set aside to rest for 5 minutes or so.
- Form the tots and bake: Using your hands, form the tots (about 40) that are about 1.5x.5 inches and line them up on the baking sheet leaving space between them. Bake for about 20 minutes before removing from the oven, flip them over and then bake for another 15 to 20 minutes.
Cauliflower tots are so delicious and a healthy alternative to your traditional tater tots! Here are a few tips for making this delicious recipe!
- Frozen or fresh: It doesn’t really matter whether you are starting with a frozen bag of riced cauliflower or fresh cauliflower! The end result will taste the same. You will be able to make this recipe either way. Just make sure that you account for the extra time that it will take to cook up, process and puree fresh cauliflower!
- Don’t forget to flip: An important part to remember when baking these tots is to flip them halfway! This will help get that crispy outside. It will also make them cook more evenly!
How to Store Leftovers
Extra cauliflower tots can be stored for later! They make delicious leftovers! in fact, go ahead and double your recipe and freeze some. Then, you will always have some on hand!
- Refrigerator: Once the tots have cooled then store them in an airtight container. Put them in your fridge and they will last up to 5 days!
- Freezer: You can bake these up and store them for later! Place them in and airtight container in your freezer and label it with the date. They will last for up to 3 months!
- Reheat: The best way to reheat your tots will be in an air fryer or an oven. This will make them taste crispy and fresh again! Preheat your air fryer or oven to 400 degrees and cook them for 3-5 minutes or until heated through. Frozen ones will take a couple minutes longer.
Preheat the oven to 400° and spray a well with pan spray.`
If using frozen riced cauliflower, prepare it according to the package and let it cool until it is cool enough to handle. If using fresh cauliflower, prepare a pot of boiling water. Cut the cauliflower into florets and place it in a over the boiling water. Cover and steam for 5 minutes until the florets are fork-tender. Once cooked, place the steamed florets in a and pulse for 10-15 seconds until you get a nice riced consistency.
Transfer the riced cauliflower to cheesecloth or paper towels and squeeze to remove as much liquid as possible. Measure out 4 cups of cauliflower and add to a large bowl. Add the egg, both kinds of cheeses, flour, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix together and set aside to rest for 5 minutes or so.
Using your hands, form the tots (about 40) that are about 1.5x.5 inches and line them up on the baking sheet leaving space between them. Bake for about 20 minutes before removing them from the oven, flip them over and then bake for another 15-20 minutes.
Calories19kcal (1%)Carbohydrates1gProtein1g (2%)Fat1g (2%)Saturated Fat1g (5%)Polyunsaturated Fat1gMonounsaturated Fat1gTrans Fat1gCholesterol7mg (2%)Sodium64mg (3%)Potassium53mg (2%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar1g (1%)Vitamin A31IU (1%)Vitamin C8mg (10%)Calcium30mg (3%)Iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.