This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my.
Air Fryer French Fries have a perfectly crispy outside, tender inside, and are absolutely heavenly. Super easy to make, too! You won’t believe that these fries aren’t deep-fried are after you try one. They almost taste too good to be true!
Serve these delectable fries with, , , or for a kick, some . Then serve them up with for a healthier twist on a fast food favorite made at home.
The Best Air Fryer French Fries
If you don’t have an air fryer yet, I would almost recommend buying one just for these fries! French fries are one of my favorite snacks EVER and making them in the air fryer makes them even better! There is just something about a really great French fry that’s hard to beat. The fact that you can make the BEST fries right at home is just plain awesome. I don’t have to leave my home to get the most crispy, tender, and perfect fries anymore. Both your wallet and your health will thank you for making the change. (You won’t believe these aren’t deep-fried!)
These air fryer French fries are so good, you may only want to eat fries for dinner. (I don’t blame you if this is what you choose!) So be prepared to make enough. These will be so popular you may need to triple the recipe to have enough. My family always devours them in an instant!
A Reader’s Review
I’ve never been much of a fan of French Fries but experimenting with my Air Fryer your recipe looked interesting so tonight I tried it out. WOW, the taste was amazing. I do believe you’ve made an addict out of me. Didn’t think French Fries could taste this good. Thanks so much for posting your recipe. I’ll certainly be sharing it for others to enjoy.
Air Fryer Fries Ingredients
Making these fries is a cinch. Just a few simple ingredients for fries that are both wholesome and delicious. A win-win! You’re never going to want to go back to deep-frying. Air fryers even work for other appetizers likeand ! They’re seriously the best!
- Potatoes: I like to use Russets for a fluffy texture on the inside.
- OIive Oil: A heart-healthy oil that adds a bit of tasty, earthy flavor. Olive oil also helps your potatoes crisp up perfectly.
- : Makes everything taste great. It’s my favorite blend of herbs!
- Parmesan: So your air fryer French fries have a little melted cheesy goodness.
- Salt and Pepper: All to taste!
How to Make French Fries in an Air Fryer
With just a fraction of the oil used in deep-frying, these are the ideal snack for anyone trying to eat healthier without sacrificing flavor! Give your loved ones the taste they crave with an appetizer that’s also heart healthy.
- Preheat Oven, Cut Potatoes: Preheat the to 380 degrees Fahrenheit. Then slice the potatoes using a , or manually cut them into 1/4-inch strips.
- Rinse and Dry: Rinse the potato slices in cold water and then pat dry with a paper towel.
- Toss With Seasonings: Then in a medium-sized bowl toss with olive oil, Italian seasoning, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Air Fry: Place the fries into the air fryer basket in a single layer. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Toss, Continue Cooking: Toss the fries halfway through the cooking process so the fries get evenly cooked.
- Enjoy: Serve with ketchup, , or your other favorite dipping sauce.
Work in Small Batches!
Getting the perfect crispiness means not over-crowding the air fryer. You may have to work in small batches because that’s essential to allow the air to circulate around all the potatoes.
How Does an Air Fryer Make Them Crispy?
Similar to a convection oven, air fryers circulate hot air to cook the food. This process produces a crispy product without the added oil or extra calories of deep fat frying. It also cooks at a high speed, faster than a regular oven if you’re not already convinced! It’s compact and won’t heat your whole kitchen either. Plus, it won’t sacrifice flavor even though it slashes fat and calories. A total win.
Tips and Variations for Homemade French Fries
Delicious air fryer French fries made even better with these simple tips and variations:
- Potatoes: Experiment with potato varieties. There are lots of different kinds of potatoes, each with unique properties. See which one you like best. Similarly, you can peel them or leave the peel on, however you like them!
- Even Slices: Cut the potatoes evenly so they are all the same size. This way they will also cook more evenly.
- Rinse or Soak: Whether you choose to just rinse your potatoes or soak them for up to 15 minutes, it’s important you don’t skip this step. It rinses some of the starch away allowing the potatoes to get nice and crispy. Just make sure you dry them really well, soggy potatoes equals soggy fries.
- Spices: There are so many different spices to try: black pepper, smoked paprika, chili powder, cumin, ranch seasoning, Cajun seasoning, garlic powder and rosemary, let your imagination run wild.
Although they might not be as crispy as when they were freshly made, your fries will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days and 2 months in the freezer. Just make sure they’re in a sealed, airtight container or bag.
To Reheat: Bring refrigerated or frozen fries close to room temperature. Reheat at 425 degrees Fahrenheit in the oven or in the air fryer for about 5 minutes or until they are the texture and temperature you want. Then enjoy all over again with your! is always a good choice, but I have really been liking this recently.
Pin this now to find it later
Preheat the to 380 degrees Fahrenheit. Slice the potatoes using a , or slice them into 1/4-inch strips.
Rinse the potato slices in cold water and pat dry with a paper towel.
In a medium-sized bowl toss with olive oil, Italian seasoning, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
Place the fries into the basket of the air fryer in a single layer. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Toss the fries halfway through the cooking process to ensure the fries get evenly cooked.
Serve with ketchup or.
Updated on October 14, 2023
Calories: 127kcalCarbohydrates: 20gProtein: 3gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 336mgPotassium: 444mgFiber: 2gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 20IUVitamin C: 6mgCalcium: 51mgIron: 1mg
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.