This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my.
This easy air fryer butternut squash is tender and savory and makes the BEST side dish to any meal! Seasoned with delicious spices the air fryer cooks this squash to perfection.
I love to serve this easy and fast side dish with so many meals. I prefer to cook my vegetables in the air fryer because of how simple it makes the dinnertime hour. Serve this air fryer butternut squash with, this oven-baked , or the most amazing . The comforting flavors will be perfect with these dishes. I hope you make butternut squash more often because this recipe is sure to be your new favorite side dish!
Air Fryer Butternut Squash
Tender golden cubes of butternut squash have sweet nutty flavors that are air fried to perfection. The comforting texture of squash is my favorite, and the spices in this recipe take it to the next level! Soft on the inside with slightly crispy edges, this air fryer butternut squash tastes oven roasted. Butternut squash is delicious as a side dish rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, magnesium, and potassium. This is a healthy and nutrient-dense dish that is equally delicious!
Butternut squash is so versatile and I love using it in other recipes! It’s a staple in my fall cooking, and I always have butternut squash on hand because I know I will use it. I have big plans to plan it in my garden next year! I can’t wait to use it all year long because once it is cubed, it freezes well. It is excellent in this creamy, makes a perfect sauce, and is beautiful in this dish.
Ingredients For The Best Squash
The ingredients for this amazing air fryer butternut squash are simple and straightforward. All of the spices are most likely in your cabinet, so as long as you have the butternut squash, you’re all set! I love that you can find butternut squash cubes in the produce section at most stores because the work is all done for you!
- Butternut Squash: Simply peel and cut into 1–inch cubes.
- Olive Oil: Adds moisture and keeps the squash from drying out while it cooks.
- Onion Powder: Delicious added flavor!
- Garlic Powder: Everything is better with a hint of garlic.
- Sweet Paprika: Great compliment to all the flavors.
- Dried Italian Seasoning: The best savory seasoning for vegetables.
- Kosher Salt: Enhances all the flavors.
- Cracked Black Pepper: Balances the flavors.
Air Fryer Butternut Squash Recipe
This recipe is a simple to bring for a Thanksgiving side dish, but it’s perfect as a side dish any time of year! I love a quickly this butternut squash recipe comes together. It’s so easy because thedoes all the work. And everyone LOVES the buttery and comforting flavors it adds to their meal.
- Cut Butternut Squash: Peel, deseed, and cut the squash into 1-inch cubes. You can skip the step and use pre-cut butternut squash cubes.
- Toss With Olive Oil: In a medium bowl add the butternut squash cubes. Toss the squash with olive oil.
- Season With Spices: In a small bowl, combine the onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Stir until combined and toss with the butternut squash.
- Add Squash to Air Fryer: Add the coated squash to the air fryer basket in a single layer then close the air fryer basket.
- Cook: Cook the butternut squash at 400° Fahrenheit for 18-20 minutes. Shake the basket and toss the squash around halfway through the cooking process. Cook until the squash is golden and tender to your liking.
- Garnish and Serve: Season with additional salt and pepper if needed then garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
This air fryer butternut squash recipe is savory, but it would be delicious if made sweet! There are a lot of unique ways to flavor butternut squash, and it will complement the flavors you choose to use! Here are a few ideas to get the ball rolling.
- Honey or Maple Syrup: A little added sweetness to the squash is so delicious.
- Fall Spice Flavors: Cinnamon and/or cardamom taste wonderful with butternut squash.
- Fresh Herbs: Fresh herbs enhance and add a beautiful touch to the presentation. I love to use fresh chopped parsley or rosemary.
- Add a Little Spice: A sprinkle of cayenne pepper would be perfect for those who love a little spicy kick to their squash.
My favorite way to use leftovers is to make butternut squash soup, but you can always make extra to eat throughout the week. It makes a great side dish to go with any meal. Follow my instructions below for storing and reheating leftover air fryer butternut squash.
- In the Refrigerator: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days.
- To Reheat. Reheat in the air fryer at 350° Fahrenheit, or in the microwave until warmed through.
Peel, deseed, and cut the squash into 1-inch cubes. You can skip the step and use pre-cut butternut squash cubes.
In a medium bowl add the butternut squash cubes. Toss the squash with olive oil.
In a small bowl, combine the onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Stir until combined and toss with the butternut squash.
Add the coated squash to the air fryer basket in a single layer then close the basket.
Cook the butternut squash at 400° Fahrenheit for 18-20 minutes. Shake the basket and toss the squash around halfway through the cooking process. Cook until the squash is golden and tender to your liking.
Season with additional salt and pepper if needed then garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
Calories51kcal (3%)Carbohydrates9g (3%)Protein1g (2%)Fat2g (3%)Saturated Fat0.3g (2%)Polyunsaturated Fat0.2gMonounsaturated Fat1gSodium294mg (12%)Potassium263mg (8%)Fiber2g (8%)Sugar2g (2%)Vitamin A7511IU (150%)Vitamin C15mg (18%)Calcium44mg (4%)Iron1mg (6%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.