5 Ingredient Corn Casserole is in the oven in less than five minutes. It’s the perfect side dish for the holidays with almost no effort at all!
This super easy side dish goes perfectly with almost any dish. Try it with the Best Ever Chili, Perfect Air Fryer Steak or Copycat Chick-fil-A Sandwich.
Corn Casserole Recipe
This super easy no-fail, comfort food side dish goes with any meal, from your weekday dish to a special holiday. This will become a tradition for sure. The sweetness from the creamed corn and the cakey, creamy texture of the sour cream and Jiffy cornbread mix make the perfect match of flavor, texture and satisfy everyone.
This side dish is so easy you’ll find yourself memorizing the recipe and sharing it with everyone who tries the dish. This Corn Casserole actually uses two different kinds of canned corn including one classic canned corn and one can of creamed corn.
Jiffy Corn Casserole Ingredients
- Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix: This is the most important player in your casserole. Don’t leave it out
- Whole Kernel Corn: Drain your corn
- Creamed Corn: Don’t drain your creamed corn
- Sour Cream Adds creaminess and tang
- Butter: Because you can’t have corn without butter
How to Make Creamed Corn Casserole
With an almost pudding like texture on the inside, golden crust on the outside, and buttery fluffiness throughout, this is the best quick casserole for any occasion!
- Prep: Grease an 8×8 baking pan and preheat the oven to 350
- Mix: In a large bowl mix the ingredients together. Pour into the baking pan
- Bake: Cook uncovered for 45-55 min till lightly browned.
More Ideas for this Easy Corn Casserole
- Spice: For a bit of a kick add a 4 ounce jar of chopped chilis and 2 teaspoons of cumin for a spicy latin kick.
- Spicer: Add cheddar cheese, sliced jalapeños and small dots of cream cheese for a jalapeño popper version.
- Backyard BBQ: Combine chopped bacon, cheddar cheese and serve with a small topping of bbq sauce for a bbq version.
- Main Dish: Turn this into a Tex- Mex dinner by topping with taco meat, cheddar cheese, tomatoes, lettuce and sour cream for a taco casserole version.
- Street Fair: Top with cotija cheese, cayenne pepper and additional sour cream for a Mexican street corn version.
- Cheesy: Stir in 1 cup of any of your favorite shredded cheeses or mixture of cheeses.
Can you Make Baked Corn Casserole Ahead of Time?
Yes! You have lots of options on making this corn casserole. Read all the tips to making the best jiffy corn casserole!
- Double: Easily double this recipe and place in 9×13 pan. Cook an additional 10 min to start, add more time till it has that golden crispy top.
- Make A Head: You can make this ahead of time but it’s so easy you don’t have to either. If you need to though prepare the night before and before cooking bring the dish to room temperature.
- Eggs: If you find it has trouble binding together or it’s too crumbly for you, add in 2 large eggs to help it all stay together.
- Storage: This will keep in an airtight container for up to a week. It reheats perfectly in the microwave. I don’t recommend freezing the leftovers.
More Corn Recipes to Make and Love
- Homemade Cornbread
- Mexican Chicken Corn Chowder
- Summer Corn Salad
- Delicious Corn Chowder
- Black Bean and Corn Salad
5 Ingredient Corn Casserole
- 8 ounce box Jiffy Corn Muffin mix
- 15 ounce whole kernel corn drained
- 15 ounce creamed corn not drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup melted butter
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Grease an 8×8 inch baking pan well.
In a large bowl mix all the ingredients together and add it to the baking pan.
Bake uncovered for 45-55 minutes or until lightly browned.
If desired brush on just a bit of melted butter before serving (optional).
Originally Posted on September 13, 2017